Thursday 16 February 2012

Masked Heart


Hi there,
Here is a card I made a few weeks ago for Penny Black.  My week has been a crazy one and I haven't found many 'snippet' of time to create...(insert frown).  I was very happy to get a mention of this card on Moxie Fab blog today.  I had entered it into a challenge to use a die cut or scissor cut paper. 
I cut out a heart mask for bkg and sponged Distress Inks (Peeled Paint, Broken China, Tumbled Glass) stamped Zen with Peeled Paint then over stamped flowers and sentiment in black Memento ink.
Hope you have a great day and thanks for taking a look.
supplies: Penny Black, Distress Inks

15 comments:

JanR said...

Gorgeous, Karen! And congrats on the mention!

Mamilou (Louise) said...

Karen,
So nice.... so simple yet so much impact.

Laureen said...

Pretty card!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful, Karen! Great sponging job.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Karen this card is so eye-catching. The masking technique is fabulous.

Emily Leiphart said...

Simple and stunning! I love the sponging and layered stamping. I need to try this!

Winnie said...

Karen: Your blog is just lovely. This card is just beautiful. I love the colors you used in the heart. Very pretty. I love that your blog is very easy to read as well. Good luck and have fun blogging!!

Ardyth said...

Just joined your new blog! Hope you enjoy it!

Lisa Lara said...

I love that extra step of stamping the bg in your shape Karen. Brilliant sponging girl.

Jenni said...

Yea Karen!! woohoo found your post/blog link on SCS!! Have been a long time fan of your cards!!

Great card!!

jennik

Mary said...

Very pretty card!

Roxie said...

Very nice Karen!

Susie said...

Such a lovely blog for learning how to execute clean and simple cards. With each card a new technique too - so very nice, Karen. It doesn't have to be Valentine's Day to create and give this beauty either!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, I love this technique, Karen! Beautiful colors and what a great CAS and elegant card! You're amazing!

Jocelyn said...

Hi Karen. I discovered your blog today and have looked at every card - they are all inspiring! Thank-you ^_^