Thursday 6 February 2014

Spring Blessings


Spring....ahhh.  The smell of the spring air, the flowers emerging; pretty far away for us here in Ontario.  We are totally buried under snow right now.  
I am playing along with the challenge at Splitcoast today.
I am trying to give some of the background stamps that I own some love.  This card began as I was playing with the bkg. stamp from Penny Black called Flower Flourish.   I inked it up with Distress inks, sprayed it with water, stamped off on a scrap paper and then onto my tag.  I love the soft look of it and it is subtle enough to stamp over.  Next, I inked up the flowers by colouring them with Memento markers, sprayed with water then stamped.  By adding the water, the colours blend together so nicely.  
The main background of my card was made using a stencil.  I applied Gesso to only parts of the stencil then removed and let it dry before adding my tag on top with pop dots.

I am also adding my card to these challenges:

Thanks for dropping by for a look.  

Supplies;  stamps; Penny Black- Queen Anne's Lace, Flower Flourish, April Showers/ gesso/ stencil/ Mememto markers/ Distress inks-Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar/ pop dots/ tag die/ twine

      

12 comments:

Lin said...

Lovely, Karen! I see some inspiration from the stencil class here? Love your design!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! I love the soft look of the background and the lovely stamping. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

joy said...

Fabulo.us spring inspiration, Karen! I love the soft background

maria f. said...

Great techniques with gorgeous results. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too! Again!

Cat Craig said...

Your design is fabulous. I love that the background is soft and subtle and the tag is bold and gorgeous!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Karen: Glad you’re joining us at Simply Create Too for our Mother’s Day/Female Challenge. Your tag card is very pretty-thank you for sharing your techniques.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Joni Andaya said...

What a GORGEOUS card Karen :) Love those bold Pretty flower colors!

Susanne Vargas said...

Love your spring card! I should be using my background stamps more often and you found a great new way to use them!

Davi said...

Love the springy card! The tag is beautiful and looks so pretty with the chevron raised bg :)

sue t. said...

This card is so pretty and springlike, I am forgetting that it is snowing yet again in Pennsylvania! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too!

Deepti said...

Karen this is gorgeous, I love the embossed BG and tag is simply mind blowing :) thank you for sharing with us at ATSM !!

Kanan Pandya said...

Karen, your card is so beautiful!! Love the watercolor effect onyour elegant tag and it look so wonderful against that background.

Thanks for playing along with us at Simply Create Too. Join us again soon. :-)