Friday 7 February 2014

Valentine Hugs


Valentine's Day is almost here, so today I am playing with my new products from Penny Black and the challenge at Splitcoast to create a Valentine card.
I began my card by hand cutting the banner.  Next, I inked up my non-stick craft sheet with Distress ink, sprayed with water and ran my paper through the wet ink.  It has a few paint splatters on it too.  When dry, I cut it and added some white stitch lines with my Signo pen then glued it onto the banner.  
The heart was stamped with more of the same colour ink then cut out and pop dotted with the hugs die- cut.  All stamps and die are from Penny Black.

I am also adding my card to these challenges:
CAS-ual Fridays- OVER the EDGE
Simon Says Stamp- HAVE a HEART
Shopping Our Stash- LOVE ME TENDER

Sending you hugs; thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps; Penny Black-Heart Swatches/die- PB Love Expressions/ Distress ink-Worn Lipstick, Barn Door, Fired Brick/ Signo white pen/ pop dots


7 comments:

Davi said...

This is REALLY beautiful Karen! I love the layers and the way the white hugs pops on the pink :)

Jodi said...

oh my goodness I really love all the ink and water you used to get the perfect effect! Absolutely BRILLIANT!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Little Red Wagon!

Jingle said...

This is very pretty! Love the cool look you created on your background! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card karen :-) I love the whole design of this, the background is so pretty with the heart and I love the die cut 'hugs' too, I definitely need that die set ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Heather said...

A fabulous card Karen, a lovely design and gorgeous inking on the banner - your heart is beautiful!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

lauren bergold said...

what a gorgeous valentine, i love that it's inky and funky and ALSO very C&S... a combination not everyone could pull off so WOW!!!!! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (looOOooOoove!) STASH with us this week! :)

Kelly Griglione said...

So fun and fresh, Karen. Love your valentine! Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!