Thursday 6 March 2014

Green Goodness


With St. Patty's Day quickly approaching, seems like we will be seeing lots of green in the next week.  Today, the challenge at Splitcoast is just that, GO GREEN.
I began by inking my Flower Flourish with shades green Distress inks (Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn) and sprayed with water.  Before stamping onto my cardstock, I stamped off onto a piece of scrap paper then onto my panel.  By stamping off, you add colour but with a lovely muted tone.
I die-cut the tag and then the leaf to use as a stencil for the front of the tag.  

I am also adding my card to these challenges:
Seize the Birthday- ANYTHING GOES BIRTHDAY
Simon Says- TAG IT
Miriam's Crafting Blog- SHADES of GREEN

Thanks so much for coming by to take a look.

Supplies:  stamps-Penny Black/ Distress inks/ tag die/ pearls/ black Memento ink/ twine


13 comments:

joy said...

This is one GORGEOUS card, Karen!

Joni Andaya said...

So very pretty!!!! Love the color green :)

Gabby said...

Fab card! :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I LOVE this card! The green is a wonderful shade, and the great layout! Love the technique using Distress Inks and that fabulous sentiment! So true, sweet friend! Warm hugs!!

Betty Meyskens said...

Very pretty - love the softness!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the sentiment. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

Arlene K said...

Beautiful, and love the green color!!

judkajudi said...

Love the delicate green tones. Just lovely!!

Annette Allen said...

wow this card is amazing.. loving all the green..

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Very pretty!

Basement Stamper said...

Love this card, the greens are beautiful.

Nancy said...

Karen, I am in love with this card! WOW! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us over at Seize the Birthday!

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! I *need* that tag die. Is it Reverse Confetti? Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Tag It!