Tuesday 26 August 2014

Birthday Flowers

 
Morning.  Sorry I have been missing for the last week.  I was on holidays but caught a nasty virus and lost my mojo along the way.  So finally, had the ambition to stamp and make a card when I saw this challenge at Splitcoast; colouring.  One of my favourite things to do with my stamps is to colour directly onto them instead of inking with an ink pad.
I began my card by colouring the flowers from Rubbernecker with Memento markers, sprayed with water to help blend the colours and then stamped twice on separate sheets of cardstock.  When dry, I cut one of the images with my square Spellbinders die and layered it with pop dots over the other one.  I inked the Papertrey Ink sentiment with Memento black and stamped under the flowers. 
 
 
Also adding my card to these challenges:
 
Seize the Birthday- ANYTHING GOES
 
 
 
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
 
Supplies:  stamps- PTI, Rubbernecker/ Memento markers/ Memento bl. ink/ pop dots/ Spellbinders die/ mini mister

14 comments:

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous! Love the bold colours and the watercolour look!

JanR said...

Beautiful card, Karen! Hope you're feeling better!

shirley-bee said...

Love the double layer on this, Karen. Rubbernecker stamps are going to be available in the UK next month - yay!!

Katie said...

Gorgeous, this stamp could actually work with many different sentiments.

OttawaMom said...

I love the watercolour look to those pretty blooms! Great CAS design. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Grandiose design, love the watercolor effect.
Hugs Anja

Nancy said...

I knew this card was yours...LOVE it!!! You did a great job as always Karen! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, this is gorgeous! I'm so sorry you were not feeling well while on holiday!! That's awful! But you didn't lose your mojo, sweet friend!! You never do! I love your technique and these beautiful colors, and I love the layering! Stunning...as always!! Hugs, my friend!

maria's knutselplezier said...

Great flowers on a white background, very difficult to do with taht technique , so congrats!!!

Greetings
Maria

Kylie said...

Stunning card! I love this technique you have used! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Bobby said...

You do so well with this technique. And you have so many lovely flower stamps.

Unknown said...

Exquisite - LOVVVEEE this card!

Anke said...

Adorable Karen, stunning card. I love the flowers, the quote, the design and the watercolor effect.

Hugs
Anke

ionabunny said...

This is lovely. I really like the raised panel