Saturday 27 September 2014

Fall Inspired


Good Morning.  Sure hope all is well in your part of the world.  The nights are cool and the days sunny here in Ontario so the leaves have started to turn all the wonderful colours Fall has to offer.  
Today, we are being inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast from The Christmas Tree Shop and this wonderful Autumn tablecloth:

Multi-Colored Leaves Tablecloth 

I began by partially embossing my background.  I did that by placing my cardstock into my Embossing folder and hitting it with a rubber mallet.  I just hit it where I wanted a bit of texture to show.  
I inked up the leaves set from Penny Black called Lush and Lavish by rubbing Distress inks on my stamp, sprayed with water and stamped.  When dry, I used the new dies from Penny Black called Autumn Jewels, to die cut them out.  I stamped the greeting from the new set called Fall Flutters with Black Memento ink and added it with pop dots.  The leaves were added to cascade down my card front.


Also adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp- ANYTHING GOES

Little Red Wagon- Fall Themed

CASology- Flutter

The Card Concept- COLOUR CHALLENGE (CAS)

Addicted to Stamps- CAS



Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps and dies- Penny Black/ Distress inks/ Embossing folder-Provo/ Memento b. ink/ pop dots/ rubber mallet


23 comments:

JanR said...

Lovely!

SD pooja said...

Its Beautiful !

Marika said...

Very very lovely. I really like your design. I think I have try your partly embossing method, sounds interesting. The result looks wonderful.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I love the leaves "falling" down the card to the sentiment! Beautiful sentiment, and what wonderfully colored leaves! Definitely reminds me of the northern falls! (We are still in the mid-80's here in South Florida, so it's sort of hard to "get into fall" yet!) You continue to amaze me with your wonderful style filled with brilliant colors! Hugs, sweet friend!

OH Babs said...

Karen I learn more techniques from your blog. How clever to use the mallet. I looked at the embossing and loved it and thought dang I sure don't need another folder, and then you gifted me your secret. Thanks.

Loll said...

Love this design Karen. Such a beautiful Thanksgiving card ... the colors of the maple leaves are gorgeous!! What a great idea for adding random embossing ... and taking out any frustrations at the same time :) lol! Thanks for joining us at ATS&M. Loll xx

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous design, your colours and placement of all the elements is fabulous, Jo x

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful leaves Karen! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

Barb Ghig said...

Really beautiful stamping and placement of your leaves! It's always fun to stop by your blog to see your lovely creations, Karen!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!

Lin said...

Karen, you always have the best ideas using embossing folders - this is no exception, and I also love it because of those beautiful leaves! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Andrea MacTrinh said...

Beautiful card - really stands out. :)

Stephanie said...

So pretty! Love those leaves.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What an interesting embossing technique that is. I actually know right where the rubber mallet is. I just may have to try it (and watch, I'll find some way to whack myself with the mallet). This is a lovely fall card!

Lisa Lara said...

wow this is a real beauty Karen.

maria's knutselplezier said...

Beautifull sample like always , great coloured leaves!!!

Greetings
Maria

cm said...

An absolutely stunning fall card, and your technique for placing the embossing strategically: brilliant! Something to dazzle us with; something to stretch our embossing folders! Thank you for sharing at ATSM!
~c

Pamellia said...

Wonderful CAS card Karen! Your leaves are so vibrant and look fantastic against the white background! Love the touch of embossing too! Fabulous! hugs :)

Carolyn Wolff said...

Amazing. I love the pop of colour, the texture and dimesion!! Thanks for joing us at LRW!!

Joyce said...

Your card is lovely, and your partial embossing method made me laugh and want to try that myself. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week.

LauraJane:) said...

Great card. Thanks for sharing how you partially embossed those dots! I'll have to give it a try :)
Thanks for playing at The Card Concept!

Sue said...

Hi Karen, the leaves and sentiment are beautiful! Great idea to do the spot embossing b/ground. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

Wei Wei said...

Love this CAS card! the color of the leaves is bright and catching my eyes. and the embossed background is so elegant! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

Deepti said...

Gorgeous :) love the fall colores on the leaves. Thank you for sharing with ATSM