Sunday 7 September 2014

Green Goodness


I am still struggling to get well and feel better but got some inspiration to create today's card. I was inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast and the these straws from More Sprinkled Joy Etsy site:
 
 
LUCKY Green Multipack, Chevron, Dots, Vintage, 25 Straws, St Patricks Day
 
I began by using the Embossing Folder Stamping Technique for my background.  You can find the technique for this HERE.
I inked up my folder with Distress inks (Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters), sprayed with water and pressed my paper into the wet ink.  When that was dry, I stamped the flowers and the sentiment from Rubbernecker.  They just have the most wonderful sentiments!
 
 
Also adding my card to these challenges:
 
Addicted to CAS- ORIENTAL
 
Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES
 
Time Out Challenge- Inspired by the word 'LOVE'
 
Sister Act Challenge- ANYTHING GOES
 
Crafting at the Weekend- ANYTHING GOES
 
 
Thanks so much for all the well wishes and for taking the time to come and take a look.
 
Supplies:  stamps- Rubbernecker/ SU Embossing Folder/ Distress inks/ Memento bl. ink/ Mini Mister/ fine tip black line pen
 
 

17 comments:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is a gorgeous card. I keep telling myself to try that embossing folder technique but when I sit down to craft I don't think of it. I hope you can conquer your illness soon.

sandie said...

What a wonderful sentiment. I am going right to look up that company! Thank you for joining us at ATCAS and TIME OUT Challenge and I hope you get better soon x

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I'm so sorry you've been struggling to feel better so long! Praying that this week will be a big turning point!! And this card is gorgeous!! I love this technique, and you do it so well, and the colors are fabulous! Just love this embossing folder too! And, you're right about these great sentiments...a perfect one! Beautiful silhouette blooms too! Tender hugs and praying, sweet friend!

Dotty Jo said...

Sorry to hear you are unwell - hope all is good for you again soon. Your card is simply fabulous, Jo x

VanessaB said...

GORGEOUS card!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful card, Karen! I love how the silhouette of flowers pops against the background, and the sentiment is so lovely!

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well! I do hope things turn around for you quickly!

Sarah G said...

Fabulous card, Karen! Love the layered stamping - your background is great. I hope you feel better soon :)

Gibmiss said...

Hi Karen
Fabulous card as always ... Love your sentiments and solid flower stamps are they from Rubber necker.... Can you tell me which ones....
Hugs Sylvie xxx
Thanks for all your inspirationx

Bobby said...

I've missed your wonderful watercolor treatments, Karen. Glad you're feeling better. This is such a terrific card and that sentiment is wonderful.

Susie said...

I'm really sorry to hear you are not well. Hope you feel better today. I just love your work.

Anke said...

Wonderful card, Karen. Fantastic work and beautfiful sentiment.

All the best for you
Anke

Teresa Kline said...

hi Karen! wow, this is gorgeous! I am thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday StampTember Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Loll said...

This is such a great technique Karen ... and love it with the shades of green. Your silhouette and beautiful sentiment are perfect. This definitely has an asian flair. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS. Loll xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

I just love the way you get the bg so perfect! Mine turns into a giant blob! :) Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

Nonni said...

How BEAUTIFUL, Karen! I love your color palette and this is a cool technique. There's great contrast between the background and the flowers, such a stylish look! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge -I hope you'll visit us today to check out our new challenge!

Gerrina said...

What a super card! Love your background and always love silhouettestamps... Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

Deepti said...

Gorgeous as always !! Thank you for sharing with ATCAS