Tuesday 16 September 2014

Season's Greetings


Morning.  There is something to be said about one-layer cards.  They are so easy to mail especially if you have lots to deliver for Christmas.  The challenge at Splitcoast inspired my card. 
 I began by stamping the greeting from Papertrey ink and then masked it with a piece of paper.  I then used the Embossing Folder Stamping Technique for the bkg.  Inked up my embossing folder with Distress ink then sprayed with water before pressing my paper onto the wet ink.  
(I removed the mask over the sentiment as it was saturated with ink then applied a new one so the ink wouldn't soak through)  I inked up the snowflakes from Stampin Up with more Distress ink then stamped them randomly across my card front.  I then sponged on some more ink along the edge of the sentiment to further highlight that area.  Last, I added the black lines and the black pearls. 

I am also adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- MAKE YOUR OWN BKG

Brown Sugar- CELEBRATION

Addicted to Stamps- MAN or BOY



Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- SU, PTI/ Distress ink- Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass/ Memento bl. ink/ Bl. pearls/ embossing folder/ blackline pen

14 comments:

Susie said...

Fabulous!!!

Deepti said...

Sooooo pretty !! Blue snowflakes on blue BG look amazing :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Always love your embossing folder backgrounds! And the hexagons work so well with the snowflake!

Shery Russ said...

This is so beautiful! That background is so gorgeous :o)

Dotty Jo said...

Oh wow, what a fabulous card AND its a one layer card! Jo x

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Really beautiful, love the fresh color combination, great design!
Hugs Anja

shirley-bee said...

This is beautiful, Karen! The snowflakes look fabulous overstamped on the hexagon background, and I love the band of white for the sentiment to sit in.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, this is beautiful! One of these days (soon) I really want to try this technique! You've really continued to inspire me with each one, and I love these gorgeous colors with the masked area for the sentiment!! Gorgeous, sweet friend! Hope you are feeling much better!

Cindy said...

Ditto what everyone else is saying! What colour of distress ink did you use?

Anke said...

Wonderful card, Karen. Great design and fantastic work.

Hugs
Anke

debby4000 said...

Absolutely love the fabulous background you made for this card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

A-maz-ing!!!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card ... always am in awe of your one-layer beauties Karen! LOVE the design ... and amazed at how the sentiment area is do perfectly clean ... I know I would have had ink flowing everywhere! :) Beautiful colors, beautiful design ... a WOW Christmas card. Loll xx

Karen said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us in the brown sugar challenge.