Thursday 18 September 2014

Snowflakes and Circles

Morning.  Must be the change in the weather that has made me think about getting some Christmas cards made and the fact that I received some new Penny Black products to play with.  I love to stencil, so when I saw this challenge at Splitcoast I was off to get my stencils and Distress inks. 
I began by stenciling random circles with a stencil that I cut from acetate using Distress ink.  Using the new Snow Dance stencil from Penny Black, I stenciled the snowflakes over selected circles keeping the balance of my card in mind.  I die cut the new 'Let it Snow' sentiment from the Joyous Wishes and then added the half pearls.  

I am also adding my card to these challenges:

Addicted to Stamps- HOLIDAY 

Stamp it Girl- STENCIL

Words 2 Scrap By- EVERYTHING THERE IS A SEASON


Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stencils- Penny Black, homemade/ Distress ink- Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans/ Die cut Penny Black/ pearls

18 comments:

Julie B said...

Winter seems a long way off when the sun shines like it has today, but there is definately a chill in the evening. Love the masked circles which resemble tumbling flakes.
Thanks for sharing it with us at ATSM this week. :)

Barb Ghig said...

As always, your card is just beautiful, Karen! Your lovely sentiment really pops against the background...so pretty!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week! Hope you'll come back again soon!

Deepti said...

Cool design!! Thank you for sharing with ATSM!

Bobby said...

There is so much movement in your design, Karen, and I love the die cut sentiment.

Sybrina K said...

HI, Karen.

What a pretty card! Love your Distress Inked circles and snowflakes. :)

Thanks so much for joining us for our September challenge at Words 2 Scrap By!

Becca Cruger said...

Beautiful!! I love how wintery and clean this is.

Sarah G said...

Love this, Karen! The soft blues look great and the stencilled snowflakes are gorgeous. I just got this PB stencil so extra thanks for the inspiration :)

Kristie said...

This is really pretty! I love your card design and use of circles!

Deborah Frings said...

Lovely card - has a very contemporary feel! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Katy said...

So pretty!! I love the composition of the design! And I love that sentiment! :) Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap It Girl! :)

BobbisTreasure said...

Love the circles, and the added interest of the snowflakes. Great jump on the holidays!! Thanks for joining us at Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Beautiful and fab card design. Awesome background. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap it Girl!

Neets B said...

I love blue/white combos on wintery cards and your scattered snowflake circles are fab. And the font of your die cut words is beautiful - one to add to the wish list! Thanks for joining in at ATSM this week, Anita x

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card Karen. Such a fun, whimsical design!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a pretty card!! Thanks for playing along at ATSM!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love it! Thanks for playing along with Scrap It Girl!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I really like your card. Thanks for joining Scrap it Girl challenge.

kellystar said...

simple and pretty...Thanks for playing and joining the Scrap It Girl September Challenge!