Tuesday 2 September 2014

Yeah!

 
Well, it's the beginning of September and the kiddos are heading back to school today....where did the summer go??  I don't know if the kids are saying 'Yeah!' or if it's the parents feeling ready for them to go back.  I was inspired to create a card for the CAS Challenge at Splitcoast called Team Spirit.  I won a few digi images from Bugaboo so decided to use one on my card.  They are so cute and so easy to colour.
 
I began by printing of the digital image onto heavy weight cardstock.  I coloured it with Copics then fussy cut the image out.  I then cut a frame using a square Spellbinders die and mounted the kids behind that.  I added a piece of gingham paper as a backing to help make the image pop.  I used a negative square cut piece as my main panel then mounted the frame with pop dots in the center of that.  The 'Hooray' sentiment is from the Penny Black set called Sweet Wishes.
 
I am also adding my card to these challenges:
 
Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES
 
Simply Create Too- SOMETHING NEW (digi images)
 
Virginia's View- PATTERN PAPER
 
Brown Sugar- ANYTHING GOES
 
 
 
Thanks so much for coming over and taking a look.  Your most kind comments are so very appreciated!
 
Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black, Digi- Bugaboo/ Copic markers/ Spellbinders die/ Memento bl/ pop dots

14 comments:

JanR said...

This is so much fun! I love it!

Lin said...

This is so colorful and fun, Karen, and it sure made me smile! I DO remember this feeling as a Mom when our boys would go back to school!! As a guest designer for September's Virginia's View, thanks so much for playing along in the challenge this month!

Loll said...

SO ADORABLE!! Love the bright colors and the gingham background ... and then all that GORGEOUS white space. Sweet!!

Sally H said...

Very cute! I love it! I am afraid I am not saying Yeah! lol! Back to work after a lovely holiday!

Vicki Dutcher said...

TOO CUTE!! Love those faces :)

cheiron said...

This is so adorable!!! These kids made me giggle...Thank you so much for playing along in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Karen: Adorable card. Glad you joined in our Simply Create Too Challenge #69 - "Show Us Something New" ; [& thanks for telling us what 'new' you used].

Blessings,

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Shona Chambers said...

Talk about cute!! Love those kids and they look so happy and gorgeously coloured. I always think there is an all-round sigh of relief when kids go back to school. I know we always have a blast and love not having to run around in the morning, I think the kids are ready to be with their friends again each day and us parents need a bit of quiet. Makes you then look forward to the next holidays!!

Unknown said...

I love the way they are popping out of the frame. This is so cute, it really brought a smile to my face :)

Have a fabulous and crafty day!
Amber
Staying Crafty
Stampin On Stuff

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Karen I love the card and images you used. Such a wonderful CAS creation (my favourite kind) Great colouring too. Thanks for playing along this week at Brown Sugar. Good luck. Lynn, BSCB DT

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

I am in love with those cute stick people!! Great card!

Shelly said...

Oh, this is sooo CUTE!!! Thanks for joining us at Virginia's View Challenge!

~amy~ said...

Super fun card, love those fussy cut images!
Thanks for playing with us at Virginia's View Challenge!

Virginia L. said...

DARLING design, Karen! your coloring is fabulous! Love that yellow gingham pattern paper that you chose! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!