Monday 16 March 2015

Just for You


Morning.  Hope you had a relaxing weekend.
Meet today's card.  I wanted it to be fun and uplifting and that was easy to do with this cute new image from the Furry Affection set by Penny Black

I began by stamping the cat onto my white cardstock using black Memento ink.  I then coloured him with Copics and used a Spellbinders die to cut it out.  Before removing the piece from the die, I took some Peacock Feathers Distress ink and sponged around the edges.  I love the look of the border you get by leaving the piece in the die and adding ink.
For the white card front I stamped the sentiment then did some random embossing.  I did that by placing my paper into an embossing folder and hitting it with a rubber mallet.
I didn't have any  blue cardstock to match the die-cut piece so I rubbed more Peacock Distress ink onto my white card so you would see a blue border all the way around.  The finishing touch was some sparkle on the hearts using a Stella Wink pen.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Little Red Wagon- CUTE, CUTE, CUTE

AAA Cards Game- CAS BARE NAKED

Sister Act- ANYTHING GOES

Virginia's View- EMBOSSING
(I like to do random embossing using my EB folder
and a rubber mallet)


Thanks for coming by and have a great week.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Memento ink/ Copic markers/ Spellbinders die/ eb folder/ rubber mallet/ Stella Wink pen

20 comments:

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Hahahaha that makes good mood, love the card!
Hugs Anja
DesignTeam

joy said...

Super cute card, Karen!

JanR said...

Fabulous card, Karen! I love the layout and the inking around the die technique. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card Karen.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Karen, that is so adorable. I love how you colored it and the cool simple but so effective look you achieved.

Unknown said...

How adorable! Very cute card! X

Anonymous said...

Adorable Karen!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, this is so cute! I love this little kitty and that he's coloring a heart (like your little ones...how sweet!). And what a great idea to use this die with the sponging and that great "whack-em" background! Amazing, as always, sweet friend! Hugs!

Linda Beeson said...

Not only is your kitty cat adorable but he is even cuter on that pretty label shape. So glad you could join us at AAA Cards.

maria's knutselplezier said...

So sweet, I really like you thinking of me, your card is fantastic!!

Greetings
Maria

Jane said...

Love those Penny Black kitties and great tip for getting a border using a die. Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What an adorable image! Love this kitty. Your coloring is wonderful and I love the blue sponging around him. Thanks so much for joining us at AAA Cards!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fun, colourful and gorgeous Karen
Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at AAA Cards.
Sarah x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Awww... what a sweet card. I really like the sponge the paper while still in the die look, that white border really pops. You used such a fabulous blue too. I know it was more work, but sponging it around your card base ensures the blues match exactly.

Unknown said...

Karen, love the glow you gave the cat with your sponge technique. Adorable card!

Sid said...

Love that card !

LesLee said...

Such a happy card... If I recieved this is the mail... I would be smiling all day. :)

Victoria Lavender said...

Gee whiz that's got FUN written ALL over it! Thanks for playing AAA CAS Cards Challenge with us, so cool to have you in the game. Cheers, Victoria

Justine Hovey said...

Love the kitty cat! Thanks for joining us at AAA Card Challenge! Justine :)

Jill V said...

The embossed background is amazing - I love the rubber mallet technique that you described - so creative. I will definitely be trying it so thanks so much for sharing!!! The rest of the card is equally amazing - such a cute cat! Thanks so much for joining us at AAA Cards! Jill