Monday 27 July 2015

Abstract Beachy Waves

Good morning...so kind of you to pop in for a visit.
This morning, I am playing along with the Clean and Simple Challenge called 'Let's Get Beachy' at Splitcoast.  I took a more abstract approach and decided to depict the waves on my card.

I began by stamping the swirls with a stamp I got at Scrapfest this year made by Rosewood Canada.  It is a small stamp so I stamped it twice on the paper and then embossed it using white powder.  
Then came the fun part, sprinkled on the Brusho powder, sprayed with water and watched the colours emerge.  I love that part!!  
I mounted the piece on blue cardstock then pop dotted it onto my card front.  
Stamped the sentiment right underneath it.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Brown Sugar- ANYTHING GOES

Crafting From the Heart- ANYTHING GOES

Get Creative- MONOCHROMATIC

Not Just Cards- ANYTHING GOES


Thanks again, for coming by and taking a look.  I appreciate you!!
 Have a great week.

Supplies:  stamps- Kaisercraft, Rosewood/ wh embossing powder/ heat tool/ Brusho/ mini mister/ pop dots

14 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Awesome colours Karen, as well as brilliant thought in developing this car, I love it..

Sigh Brushos eh? Not to worry can enjoy others. All crafty goodies are back too dear as our $ has really plummeted, and still is, the good prices were great while we had them. Good to practise some restraint. :)
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Susanne Vargas said...

Love those swirls with the blue brusho background! Absolutely stunning!

Camille Short said...

Darling card, Karen! Just love the sentiment - and the design. Glad you could join us at Get Creative Challenges!

Camille - Design Team

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, this is gorgeous, and I LOVE this shade of blue! It's almost like a periwinkle...one of my faves! Stunning card, as always, sweet friend! Have a wonderful day! Hugs!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love the raised panel on this. Very cool!

Bonnie said...

Very beachy and beautiful, Karen!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Super lovely look!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hi there - thanks for dropping by my blog! I love that card, as spirals and that colour blue are favourites of mine. I'd buy that in a shop!!
Hugs, LLJ 16 xx

Sue said...

Hi Karen, Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment.

This card is lovely. I love the different blues.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #38

Loll said...

So pretty Karen. Love your waves! xx

Unknown said...

Great card!
Thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar Challenge this week!
Giada

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so cool!

Paulette S said...

Oh, Karen, You're making me want some Brushos!! LOL Your cards are just stunning and it doesn't hurt that one of my favorite colors is Blue. Paulette S.
http://paulettesprettypapercrafts dot wordpress dot com

Eemeli said...

Lovely monochromatic creation. Unfortunately our theme at Get Creative is "monochromatic PURPLE" so your card will not be entered on this week's prize draw.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}