Saturday 4 July 2015

Freehanded

It's Saturday and time to be inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast this morning from the Green Wedding Shoes site and this gorgeous grouping of flowers:


I decided to try my hand at some free-style watercolouring which scares me to death.  
So, I wet my paper and started to dab on some watercolour paints to resemble the look of the flowers and the leaves.  A very loose hand leaving some white space for interest (since I can't draw).
When it was all dry, I used the end of my paint brush to add the white dots to the mimic the look of the flower centers then stamped the sentiment from Avery Elle using my MISTI.
I think I will be going back to rely on my stamps for flower images.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- GETTING DOTTY
(dots on my flower centers)

Addicted to CAS- ANYTHING GOES

Use Your Stuff- ANYTHING GOES

Sister Act- ANYTHING GOES

Simply Papercraft- ANYTHING GOES



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Have a great weekend.

Supplies:  stamps-Avery Elle/ watercolour paints/ paint brush/ Memento ink (black)/ Misti

23 comments:

Deepti said...

This is stunning !

Monika Reeck said...

wooow you really painted the flower
AWESOME!!
Great card and so happy you joining us at ATSM this week
thanks so much
Hugs, Monika (ATSM DT)

Unknown said...

I really love your finished card, I think you should use this technique some more. Karen x

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I love it!! I love the free-handed style and beautiful colors! And what a great idea for the flower centers! It's beautiful, so keep doing more!! Hugs!

JanR said...

I think it's absolutely lovely, Karen! In truth, before I started reading your post I thought it was a stamp. I definitely think you should do this again sometime.

stampinganja said...

Wow, that turned out beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing!

Dotty Jo said...

In a word:brilliant! Jo x

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous and I love that you did it all freehand. wow! You rocked it!

Pat said...

I think the card turned out great; it captures the challenge beautifully. I don't think you should give up on this technique.

Bonnie said...

How lovely, your brave thing! I tried to do some freehand flowers once. Didn't turn out anywhere near as lovely as these flowers!

Teresa Kline said...

this is stunning Karen, I am having a birthday giveaway this month on my blog...stop by and comment to enter!

sparkle & shine *~*

Gabby said...

Fabulous free-hand painting, Karen! Terrific card. :)

Julie B said...

Fab freehand watercolouring Karen, such a soft take on the picture.
Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps! :)

Gayatri said...

Just beautiful! You are good at free hand watercolouring, Karen! Also love your creative use of dots :) Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Going Dotty Challenge.

Marie-Louise said...

Wow this is fantastic Karen. Beautiful.

Pamellia said...

Wow Karen, this is gorgeous and what an amazing interpretation of the challenge photo! Stunning! hugs :)

Sue said...

Karen, I love your watercolouring! Big, bold and colourful.

Kathi K said...

Be scared no more - this is a great interpretation! I can't even do it with stamps, so you are an inspiration!!

Carol D said...

Beautiful!! Your bravery has been rewarded.

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely gorgeous water color look for your flowers Karen!! Stunning card! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Davi said...

Wow Karen, this one is absolutely gorgeous!! You did a fabulous job on the freehand flowers :)

Natalie said...

such a sweet CAS card!
Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito

applejack cards by sue said...

How beautiful! I love that you have water coloured them yourself. Thank you for sharing them with us over at Simply Papercraft. Sue on behalf of Chris DT x