Sunday 4 October 2015

Bloom On


Morning.
As the garden winds down for the coming of Fall, I have the beautiful colours of the leaves in my head.
I decided to use those colours and the Trumpet Song stamp from Penny Black to create today's card.  I love this stamp and find if so easy to make a quick and simple card using it.

I began by placing the stamp inside my MISTI.  I coloured the flowers using my Memento markers in a light orange, sprayed with water and pressed onto my paper.  I repeated that process using a darker shade of colours until the flowers looked wonderfully blended.  
I stamped the sentiment for the Penny Black set called Gratitude using Memento black ink but felt the card needed more so I drew in a black-line border to pull it all together...much better.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Sweet Stamps- ANYTHING GOES 


Artbymiran Challenge- ANYTHING GOES

Crafting With Friends- ANYTHING GOES


I so appreciate that you took the time to come and see what I was up to.
A BIG THANKS!!

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Memento bl ink/ Memento markers/ MISTI/ Mini Mister/ fine line bk marker/ ruler/






11 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is beautiful....love the color! I just bought this set when we were on vacation, but haven't gotten it inky yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

Aileen said...

Ohh Karen this is such a beautiful card. So eye catching.

Davi said...

WOW Karen, this is soooo beautiful! I love the way you stamped the flowers, makes them look so reall! I never tire of seeing all you gorgeous flower creations!!

brenda said...

A lovely card for our Nature theme Karen, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Diane Jaquay said...

Gorgeous flowers, beautiful card!!!

Bonnie said...

Love your Autumn garden, Karen!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I just love these colors together and this beautiful stamp (that I have...haha!). Thanks for the inspiration, as always, my friend. Now to find some time, right? Sending hugs your way!!

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, l just love the changing colours on the trees at the moment.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Nature' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous colours and love the frame. Another stunner.

Unknown said...

Your design is beautiful thank you for joining us on our challenge at Art By Miran
We hope to see you again soon

Furrbster said...

What a gorgeous colour scheme!
Hugz Tinz