Saturday 17 October 2015

Checkin' it Twice

Happy Saturday.
Brrr...it feels chilly and cold here this morning and I am in Christmas card making mod.
This morning I am being inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast from the Illustrations Pinterest Board.  Great images to be inspired by!

I began stencilling the bkg. using Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn Distress inks.  Love those inks to stencil with as they just blend so well together.  I cut the piece into panels and rounded the corners so I could use them for a more interesting background.
This cute little Santa is a digi that I printed and coloured using Copic markers.  I added him to my card front using some pop dots.
Note:  He was created by the most talented Birdie Brown and is no longer available as a
digi.  You can buy a set from MFT that includes one like this.
Lastly, I stamped the sentiment that is from a set by Penny Black.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Addicted to Stamps- ANYTHING GOES

Crafting with Friends- ANYTHING GOES

Virginia's View- COLOUR IT

Craft- CHRISTMAS


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- PB, digi/ stencil- TCW/ Copic markers/ Distress ink/ pop dots/ Memento bl ink/ corner rounder


13 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, it's already cold there? Wow! Well, I can see why you are in the Christmas mode, and what a fun and delightful card with this cute Santa! I love him as he's checking his list, and what a fabulous background you've created! Totally love it! Sending hugs, sweet friend!

Dotty Jo said...

Great to see you working with this sweet Santa again, Karen! Jo x

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so cute! Love the background and that cute Santa checking his list.

Diane Jaquay said...

Adorable! Love the background, and the way Santa pops against it!!

Cookie said...

Karen I just love that sweet Santa!! Great job! Hugs....Cookie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love how you have done the background, a fab card.

sheila 77 said...

I agree with the others, the background is superb.
That's a great Santa, I wonder what he has on his list.

Loll said...

This is adorable, Karen. LOVE the bright green stenciled background. Making the rounded panels is so creative and fun! xx

Tanja said...

love your cute santa - thanks for playing along at ATSM

cm said...

How fun i s your list-checking Santa! The background stenciling is such fun! Festive fabulous! Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
~c

Wei Wei said...

Such a fabulous Christmas card! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

applejack cards by sue said...

Cute image choice and great stenciling. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting with Friends. Sue DT xx

Bobby said...

What a great background technique, Karen. It sets off the wonderfully painted Santa perfectly.