Wednesday 16 November 2016

CAS Watercolour- Thoughts of You


 Welcome.  It's time for another card for the 
CAS Watercolour Challenge.


http://caswatercolour.blogspot.ca/




I began by placing my PB Trumpet Song stamp inside my Misti, coloured with markers, sprayed with water and stamped.  I like to start with the lightest colours first and add the darker ones as I repeat that process.  It gives such a wonderful watercolour effect.  

I did some watercolouring on the background with Salty Ocean Distress inks then inked up my Script stamp from Penny Black with the same ink, stamped off, then onto my paper.  By stamping off, the script is more faint and adds interest and depth to the background.

To finish my card off, I stamped the sentiment from the Special Thoughts set with black Memento ink.




Also adding my card to these challenges:

CASology- EMBRACE

Not Just Cards- ANYTHING GOES

Sunny Days Crafting- ANYTHING GOES



 I hope you will come and play along with us this month. 

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ MISTI/ Memento markers/ ink- Distress/ paintbrush/ Mini Mister

21 comments:

Lin said...

Lovely, so glad you're a blue girl, too!! I love script, will have to check out this challenge!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful colours and design as always. LOVE it.
Faith
x

Pat said...

Beautiful watercolouring Karen and such pretty colours too. I really love this PB stamp. x

Loll said...

Gorgeous Karen. You are such a master as these watercolouring techniques. LOVE this beauty. xx

Bonnie said...

These morning glories are so pretty, Karen! Love the shading and text in the background and the contrast of the black sentiment! Awesome card, my friend!

MaryH said...

Very beautiful, and I enjoyed reading the stamping process using the Misti. It's a lovely floral background, so soft, yet still vibrant shades of color. Your water coloring is just splendid and the sentiment with this design makes a wonderful Thinking of you card...could be for many occasions too. TFS

nancy littrell said...

So beautiful Karen. I love how you balanced your MISTI watercolor stamped flowers. Your text background and beautiful sentiment are perfect final touches. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

Ina G said...

Beautiful composition Karen. Everything just blends together perfectly.

Barb said...

A really beautiful card Karen. I love the colours. Barbxx

Susan said...

Lovely colours and so well done. The text adds so much interest, and its font goes really well with the font of "thoughts" in your sentiment.

CherylQuilts said...

WOW! Karen, this is gorgeous, and I love the beautiful colors and the script in the background! I have to try this method...you've really continued to inspire me. And what a gorgeous matting for this card...truly stunning, sweet friend! Hugs! xoxo

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Karen, the colours and the font so lovely. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very delicate. This makes for the perfect sympathy card.

Harriet Skelly said...

As always Karen your card is gorgeous! I always love your watercolored cards and this is no exception!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love the blues. Thank you for joining us at Sunny Day Crafting challenge. We hope you will join us again. Mary DTxx

Viv said...

Sooo beautiful Karen, ....still trying to find time to make a card for the CAS Watercolour challenge yet too ;) Viv xx

Joyce said...

This is such a pretty card. Love your beautiful flowers and water coloring. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Aileen said...

Wonderful Karen, love the flower used on this card and your partial stamping of the writting. Just stunning

Hannelie said...

You always know just how to wow me Karen! So beautifully done, love the blue!
Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Melissa said...

So pretty, Karen! This is truly a work of art!
Thank you so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

Donna said...

Beautifully made. So pretty, Karen. X