Tuesday 20 December 2016

Pray for Peace


 Simple, peaceful, serene.
Meet today's card.

This Christmas I think we are all praying for peace in these unsettled times.
I tried to create a card that depicted 'Peace'.

I had a piece of leftover paper that I inked with Brushos in my stash, so decided to use it as my backdrop.
I die-cut the little village then the snow and the deer and layered them over the blue background.  I splattered on some acrylic paint to look like snow then framed it all up.



 Adding my card to these challenges:

Shopping Our Stash- WINTER WONDERLAND

Crafty Boots- WINTER WONDERLAND

Use Your Stuff- MERRY CHRISTMAS



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.


Supplies:  dies- Your Next Stamp, Memory Box/ inks- Brushos/ white acrylic paint/ Cuttlebug

13 comments:

Craftychris said...

Beautiful! Peace is definitely worth wishing for. It's what the world needs! xxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this pretty scene and yes, we all want peace and it is something we all should be praying for.

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff!

Nstiz said...

Beautiful, Karen! Reminds me of the heavy snow we got here, everything white. What a gorgeous background you created for your snowscape!

nancy littrell said...

So beautiful and Peaceful, Karen. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

Dee's Craft Room said...

Beautiful card, your die cut design is very elegant. Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Boots Winter Wonerland Challenge.

Dionne

Aileen said...

This is such a beautiful card Karen, love the layers and the white and blue contrast. So pretty

Gabi MeWi said...

Looks lovely.

Loll said...

Beautiful Karen. It really is a peaceful and serene scene. xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

You've captured the feeling of peacefulness perfectly.

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Karen! I think we all are wishing for peace right now. xoxo

Mimi said...

Beautiful, beautiful card, and I absolutely echo your thoughts for peace, near and far. Thanks for sharing this layered peaceful scene at SOS this week. Hugs!

Haven_mom4 said...

The watercolor background is very peaceful and soothing. I also like the tone on tone cuts. Thanks for joining us at use your stuff