Friday 2 December 2016

Snowflake Stencil Resist

 Morning. 
Trying out something different today using my favourite snowflake stencil from SSS.
I wanted to use it as a resist so here is what I did.

I began by inking up the back of the stencil with Versamark ink, placed it onto my card front and ran it through my Cuttlebug.  I then sprinkled on clear embossing powder and heat set.
I got out my Brushos, diluted with some water and used that to watercolour in my background.  The areas that were embossed resisted the paint and gave an icy feel to the background.
I splattered the background with white acrylic paint and then white heat embossed the sentiment panel and added it to my card using pop dots.
The black enamel dot was the finishing touch.



 Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

CAS on Sunday- CHRISTMAS


Craft Stamper- SNOW AND ICE

Stamps and Stencils- CHRISTMAS WISHES


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamp- Michaels dollar bin/ ink- Versamark/ Brushos/ heat tool/ clear and wh eb powder/ wh acrylic paint/ pop dots/ Cuttlebug

21 comments:

Craftychris said...

Love the icy feel, gorgeous! xxx

LisaH said...

This is beautiful Karen!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card design.

Susan said...

Great idea to ink up and run through the Cuttlebug - I must try that! I love the final results - lovely and frosty!

nancy littrell said...

Your stenciled eb resist technique turned out beautifully Karen. Love your frosty looking snowflakes and brushos background. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Clever technique and Beautiful card.
Faith
x

Loll said...

Gorgeous design and a great way to stretch the use of your stencils. Love the black banner. xx

Susan said...

You created such a pretty background. Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for sharing at CAS on Sunday!

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty, love the resist with the powdered inks

Lisa Lara said...

WOW this is stunning Karen. I love the black with the embossed sentiment.WOW.

toni said...

A fabulous card! Love the technique you have used, perfect for your icy snowflakes. Thank you for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils Toni x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love the icy watery feel to this!

Lin said...

Your snowflake cards have been some of my favorites, Karen, and this one joins the group - love your idea to use a stencil as a resist! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Bonnie said...

Another beautiful card, Karen! You amaze me with these techniques! Awesome snowflakes and the bright Brusho background shows them off beautifully!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

I love the technique you have used on this card. Thank you so much for sharing it at Addicted to Stamps and More

Emma - DT

maria f. said...

Fabulous technique. Fabulous result!

Helen Gullett said...

Karen, your card is so beautiful! Love your resist technique with those bold snowflakes. Thank You for playing along with Addicted to Stamps and More!

SewPaperPaint said...

STUNNING background work! Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamps & Stencils. Christmas hugs, Autumn

Linda said...

I love the icy look to this ..... fabulous technique. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

rachel said...

gorgeous card Karen - beautifully effective! Thanks for joining us at stamps and stencils! Hugs rachel xx

Ruth said...

Beautiful card, the frosty hues are perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils Ruth xx