Sunday 26 March 2017

Treasured Memories

Morning.
Today I am playing with one of my favourite flower stamps by Rubbernecker called Flowers in the Breeze.  It is a fun layering stamp and easy to use to create a field of flowers.
The sentiment is a new one to me by Verses called Love Becomes a Memory and today was the day it needed to see some ink.  

I began by placing the flower stamp into my Misti, coloured directly onto my stamp with my Zig markers, sprayed with water and stamped onto 120lb watercolor paper.
I repeated that process, using a darker shade of the red for the second stamping.  
I then stamped the leaves and stems and let it dry.
I placed the sentiment into my Misti, inked with Archival ink, stamped and embossed with clear just to help it pop.




Adding my card to these challenges:

 Brown Sugar- ANYTHING GOES

Simply Papercrafts- ANYTHING GOES

Aud Sentiments- ANY SENTIMENT EXCEPT BIRTHDAY


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Rubbernecker, Verses/ Zig markers/ Misti/ TH mister/ ink- Archival/ clear eb powder

*edited to add:  This is a good video to help those of us that struggle with layering stamps.  
I found it helpful using my Misti.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWqo0X6wuMI

30 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful images of the flowers, I just love the distressed effect on the watercolour paper. Also that sentiment is so sweet.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, my! This is so beautiful! I wish I could do half as good as you with those types of images. I am always so inspired by your work.

Furrbster said...

Gorgeous card and a lovely sentiment to match.

Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Lisa Lara said...

WOW how gorgeous Karen. I love the red.

Bonnie said...

These poppies are gorgeous, Karen! Love the vibrant red and green! Wonderful sentiment too! Hope you've had a good weekend, my friend!

Charlene said...

Very very pretty! I would not have thought about using my Misti for the Rubbernecker stamps - duh! Of course! I love the fact that you can re-stamp with a second darker color. Thanks for sharing! Time to break out the Rubbernecker stamps I so dearly love.

Pam said...

Gorgeous card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful poppies Karen, I really love this gorgeous card and the message is so heartfelt. It is sure to bring someone comfort!

Pat said...

This rubbernecker stamp is gorgeous Karen and the Misti is a great tool for stamping and then overstamping with a different colour which has worked beautifully here. I love that sentiment too. x

Susan said...

Wonderful poppies - gorgeous vibrant red!

Craftychris said...

Beautiful card with a wonderful sentiment! xxx

Elise said...

Hi Karen! Such a GORGEOUS card .. wow!!! And the sentiment is so beautiful! ps. thank you so much for visiting my blog! :)

Big hugs,
Elise

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is a gorgeous card. That red is so RED. Love the sentiment too.

Anke said...

Wonderful card, Karen. I love the red poppies.

Hugs
Anke

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very beautiful.
Faith
x

Sarn said...

This looks fantastic. Can't wait to get my Stamp Perfect tool so i can do similar things! Xxx

papierelle said...

Beautiful poppies. I'm waiting for the poppies in my garden, until then, I enjoy your card.

applejack cards by sue said...

So striking! Glorious poppies and thank you for sharing your technique. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Simply Papercraft. Sue DT x

Barb said...

A beautiful card Karen. My friend would adore your poppies and what a beautiful and moving sentiment that is. Barbxx

Marina said...

Breathtakingly pretty!

Creations by Shirl said...

Precious sentiment for your card...TFS it with Brown Sugar Challenge~

Nora Noll said...

STUNNING!!!

Loll said...

Gorgeous flowers Karen and such a beautiful sentiment. xx

Dortesjs said...

beautiful flowers Karen and very nice card ;O)

Greta said...

Your field of flowers is stunning, Karen! I haven't tried coloring directly on stamps with Zigs, but you've inspired me to try it!

Dandi93 said...

Absolutely beautiful Karen, great job with this technique... pretty sentiment.

Ina G said...

Stunning! Love the bright coloured reds you used.

Donna said...

Absolutely beautiful. x

Sandy said...

Beautiful creation. Love the floral scene and the fab sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy

Bobby said...

I love the sentiment with your beautiful field of poppies, Karen.