Saturday 22 July 2017

Flower Collage

Happy Saturday and time to play.
Meet today's card.  Just a fun combination of stencilling and stamping.

I like the look of a nice crisp, white border so I began by masking off my card front with painter's tape.  I laid down the lattice mini stencil and using some Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink, I covered my card front.  I removed that stencil then laid down the flower mini stencil from the same set over that and using some Broken China Distress Oxide ink, I stencilled again.  
(I did a TLC Challenge a few weeks ago over at Splitcoast stampers about stencilling over a stencil.
You can check out my other card here.)
Next, I inked up the Clover Silhouette inside my Misti with black ink then clear heat embossed it to help make it pop.  I did the same thing with the sentiment.
To help further define my card front, I stamped some mixed media element on the edges and inked around the edges with Distress ink.
I removed the painter's tape and mounted my piece onto a blue cardstock front.


Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look!


Adding my card to these challenges:

STAMPlorations- ANYTHING GOES

Addicted to Stamps and More- ANYTHING GOES 

Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING STAMPED GOES

Mod Squad- LAYERED FLORALS

International Art and Soul- ELEMENTS OF NATURE


Supplies
Stamps- Clover Silhouette (Magenta); Enjoy the Moment (Daisy Bucket); 
Mixed Media Elements (STAMPlorations)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Peeled Paint and Broken China Distress Oxides (TH)
Paper- heavy white cs (local store)
Accessories and Tools- MISTI; painter's tape; applicator tool (TH); 
Tim Holtz Mini Stencils Set 4; clear eb powder; heat tool

22 comments:

Annie said...

I love how the stencil layering looks and really love the distress ink design at the edges for this background! Lovely inspiration!

Macimbalo said...

Love all the layers and the elements work perfectly together to make your card stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

Pat said...

This is beautiful Karen and I love the masking which gives it a lovely crisp and elegant look, and all the stencilling has enhanced the background beautifully, and the pretty silhouette flowers finish it perfectly. Hope you are having a good weekend. x

Aquarius said...

Loving all the layers achieved with the masking here - great card, really pops against the sharp white edges

JenniferE said...

Wow, just so pretty! Love the stencils and colors.....great layering!!

nancy littrell said...

Love your masked border, layered stenciling and colors my friend. Love how you achieved so much interest and dimension with your stencil layereing and stamping on your CAS design. TFS Karen. Hugs..

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous Karen, love all your layers and the great crisp white frame :)

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card Karen x

Barb said...

It's gorgeous Karen. I love the layers. Barbxx

Bonnie said...

Love how you've layered these stencils, Karen! The added touches of the texture stamp balance the beautiful silhouetted flowers!

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous layering of those stencils and such a dreamy looking card x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautifully done and love those colors together.

Hazel said...

Beautiful work, colours and layout are great. Thank you for joining us at IAAS. Hazel x

Susan said...

Karen, I love the way you layer stencils - you are so good at combining the designs and colours. Great choice of stamps too - the mixed media elements really add to everything. I will try CASEing this as a way of getting better at your stencil technique!

Viv said...

What can I say my friend...another great masterpiece of course ;) hugs Viv xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Karen, lovely crisp fresh colours, beautifully stamped card, Kate x

Ina G said...

Lovely collage and choice of colours Karen. Another beautiful card.

Loll said...

You are so good with layering stencils. LOVE the combination of stenciling, stamping, and heat embossing. Another beautiful mixed media card, Karen. xx

Claudia said...

Hi Karen, what a great creation. Love the combination of colours and stamps you used to create this fantastic card.
Hugs Claudia

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Fabulous layout, Karen! Lovely colors. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

Cara said...

Love all the layering on this card, so effective x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO Beautiful, love the blue and green.
Faith
x