Sunday 19 November 2017

All That Glitters

Good Morning.
Meet today's card. 
This card was inspired by this lovely snowflake from Cheery Lynn.  I love the details it has and wanted to showcase it on my card.

I began by creating the blue top of my card.  I used the Splash Watercolour Technique to apply colour using my Distress Oxide inks, then when that was dry I stamped and embossed with silver to give it some shine and a bit of elegance.
I stamped the sentiment using my Misti on my white card front, then embossed the piece using a snowflake embossing folder from Echo Park. 
Next, I used a stitched scallop die to cut the blue portion and glued it over the white embossing above the sentiment leaving enough room to add my die-cut snowflake.
Lastly, I added a silver Nuvo drop in the center of the snowflake.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.


Adding my card to these challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's- CHRISTMAS
Crafty Catz- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Hand Lettered Holiday (MFT); Grunge (Kaisercraft)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Versamark; Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers DOX (TH)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- EB folder- Echo Park; Laced Pine Snowflake (Cheery Lynn);
Stitched Scallop Edge (MFT); Cuttlebug; Misti; Silver Nuvo Drops; heat tool

23 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautifullllllllllll Karen

gr karin

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning Karen, beautifully designed and coloured, I love the frostiness, and texture, Kate x

Dortesjs said...

This is really pretty ;O))

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous snowflake CAS glittery design, Karen. I love your snowflake dry eb background and your blue splash background with silver glitter for your gorgeous die cut snowflake and wonderful sentiment. TFS my friend. Hugs

Susan said...

Love the use of the grunge stamp to add some elegance to the card - sounds kind of ironic, doesn't it - grunge adding elegance!! Great layout and a beautiful snowflake!

Dotty Jo said...

A real beauty, Karen, Jo x

Susanne Vargas said...

This card is spectacular! Love all the techniques you combined and that it looks still pretty CAS!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the cool frosty look of this design. Gorgeous card.

Brawny x said...

Love this design. A fabulous card. The snowflake is Gorgeous x

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful snowflake, Karen! I love how you've used the silver embossing on the blue! Great layout too!

Pat said...

This large snowflake is so pretty Karen and I love the beautiful blue and silver background and the bottom half with the wonderful dry embossing. A fabulous card. x

Loll said...

WOW ... LOVE that background. Gorgeous colour and love the randomness of the silver glitter. xx

Christine Alexander said...

Karen the blue and silver are beautiful together and love the texture of your silver embossed background.

papierelle said...

A beautiful winter dream and the snowflake are amazing!!

Marilyn said...

Woweee, so pretty!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Another beauty Karen. I am very inspired...

Mac Mable said...

Loving the layout and that fabulous blue background with the silver. Special card ...love it x

Dr Sonia S V said...

How beautiful and elegant this looks Karen
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Inkyfingers said...

What a beautiful, stylish and classy design Karen - I love it!
Hugs
Carol x

Viv said...

This is sooo very gorgeous Karen, love that colour combo and all the sparkle too ;) hugs Viv xx

Marina said...

A sparkling, wintry beauty.

Craftychris said...

Stunning card - so wintery and beautiful and I adore the large snowflake! xxx

Anke said...

So beautiful and fantastic design, Karen.

Hugs
ANke