Friday 15 December 2017

Christmas Tag- The Flower Challenge


Good Morning.
We are having such fun this month playing at 
The Flower Challenge.

Our theme this month is:

http://theflowerchallenge.blogspot.ca/


I decide to make a tag for the holidays using a piece of leftover inked paper.
To create my piece, I spread some Gesso over a stencil onto my cardstock and let dry.
Next, using an inking sponge, I rubbed Distress inks over the dry Gesso to reveal the pattern left behind by the stencil.
I die-cut the tag using a stitched die from MFT then placed the piece into my Misti to stamp the sentiment.
I stamped the script from Penny Black in the background to add interest.

Onto the flower....I just picked up this Winter Flowers set from SSS.  I love the artsy look of the flower and wanted to use it on my tag.  First I stamped it with Versamark and white heat embossed it.
Next, I sprinkled some blue and purple Brushos over the piece and sprayed with water to activate the powdered ink.  When it was dry, I fussy cut it out and pop dot mounted it over my background.
I added a ribbon and a blue brad to finish it all off.



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Hope you holiday preparations are going well.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed- STITCHED
Shopping Our Stash- LET'S PLAY TAG
Use Your Stuff- CHRISTMAS IS COMING


Supplies
Stamps- Winter Flowers (SSS); Christmas Cheer (TTT), Script (PB)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Peacock Blue, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves Distress (TH), Versamark
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- stitched tag die (MFT); Gesso; inking tool (TH); Misti; Brushos; 
Distress Mister (TH); blue brad; silver ribbon; Cuttlebug; pop dots; Tombow clear glue; 
Screen Pattern stencil (Gourmet Rubber); white eb powder

20 comments:

Marilyn said...

I love tags and this one is fabulous... so artsy!

Viv said...

Amazing tag Karen, just adore that bright blue and the clever background again.Love that amazing flower too ;) hugs Viv xx

Susan said...

Karen, this is so beautiful - I love the colours and the background (I must try that technique). The flower is gorgeous!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a fantastic and beautiful tag Karen
Gr Karin

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your tag and flower design are so gorgeous!

Pat said...

This is a gorgeous blue tag Karen and love the stencilled white gesso which has made a really pretty background with the blue and purple inks over the top, and then that stylised white heat embossed flower which looks great, together with the ribbon and blue brad. x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful Karen, beautifully desined tag, I love your colours and the flower is gorgeous, Kate x

nancy littrell said...

Wow!! Stunning Brushos and EB paste Blue textured background for your beautiful die cut flower. A really amazing tag my friend. TFS and Happy Holidays. Hugs..

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning as always Karen, busy time of year and hope to catch up with more of your wonders next year.xx[aNNie]🎄⛄

Christine Alexander said...

love the effect of the gesso, I need to pull mine out and try this :). the colour variation is amazing and love your little artsy flower.

Marina said...

How beautiful this is.

Dortesjs said...

Gorgeous tag, great effect on this ;O)

Brawny x said...

Fabulous creation x

Cara said...

Thisis so pretty, I love the frosty blues x

Bonnie said...

This tag is awesome, my friend! A gift in itself! Love the background and I just got this flower too. I've yet to ink it up though.

Cathy said...

Beautiful tag Karen, Cathy x

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, sooooooooooo beautiful and artful! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (tag!) STASH with us this week! ♥

Barb said...

A very beautiful tag and I love your background Karen. Barbxx

Bobby said...

Gesso over a stencil. Another technique for me to try. It looks fabulous in your signature blue and the flower color is marvelous. I thought it was vellum at first it has such a translucent quality.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous tag Karen! It's so pretty and I love the shades of blue.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx