Thursday 14 December 2017

Holly Jolly

Good Morning.
Do you need some ideas for simple cardmaking as the big day gets closer.
This card fits that bill.

I used the Embossing Folders inking technique to do the background.  
Rub a water based ink onto your embossing folder, spritz with water and press your paper into the wet ink and remove.  The Peacock Feather DOX gave such a lovely impression.
When that was dry, I played the piece into my Misti and stamped the sentiment from MFT.
Added the SSS die-cut snowflake and popped up the center for interest and added drops of Nuvo to finish off my card.


Wishing you a happy day as you get ready for the holidays.
Thanks so much for the visit.


Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Monday- WINTER/CHRISTMAS
Use Your Stuff- CHRISTMAS IS COMING
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING GOES STAMPING
Crafting By Design- DECEMBER ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamp- Handlettered Holiday (MFT)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Peacock Feather Distress Oxide (TH)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; Snowflake eb folder (Echo); snowflake die (SSS);
Caribbean Ocean Gloss Nuvo; Mister (TH); pop dots

11 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautifullllllllllllllllll Karen

gr karin

Bobby said...

I had to sit right down and try this before I commented, Karen. I've done it before but not with Oxides and wanted to see how it would come out. Your snowflakes look lovely with Peacock Feathers and I love the addition of the larger die cut one.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love that blizzard of beautiful snowflakes. What a fantastic card design.

Susan said...

Great idea for a quick last minute card - and I definitely need some of those as I'm behind!! Beautiful shades of blue!

Nora Noll said...

I am in LOVE!! Such a pretty card!!

Brawny x said...

Gorgeous card Karen x

Pat said...

This ink on embossing folder technique had worked well using this pretty snowflake design Karen, and the Peacock Feathers oxide ink is such a intense and pretty blue, also I adore the large die cut snowflake over the top and the Nuvo drop in the centre is the perfect match. I love the black sentiment which stands out beautiifully too. x

Christine Alexander said...

one of my favorite techniques, love the card and the crisp white snowflake :)

kiwimeskreations said...

So simple to construct, by eye catching and elegant
Blessings
Maxine

Macarena said...

Pretty and cute, lovely blues. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Linda said...

Gorgeous frosty design. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx