Tuesday 20 February 2018

Beautiful Background



Good Morning and Welcome.
Yesterday over at Splitcoast Stampers, we were challenged to use our background stamps to create a card.  What great incentive that was for me to re-visit my small collection of background stamps that have gone untouched for so long.
When I saw this one from Serendipity called Jen's Zen, it inspired this card.

I began by masking off my card front with some Post-It tape.  I placed the stamp into my Misti and inked it up with grey ink and stamped.
Leaving the mask in place, I stamped the thistles by coloring them with my Tombow makers, spraying with water and stamped over the bkg.
I removed the masks and mounted my card front onto a piece of soft lavender cardstock.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
I hope you get a chance to take a look at your background stamps and get inspired.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Artistic Inspirations- ANYTHING GOES/ USE FLOWERS
Corrosive Challenge- ANYTHING GOES
Cute Card Thursday- ONE WORD SENTIMENT

Supplies
Stamps- Jen's Zen (Serendipity); Nature Flowers (Art Journey)
Inks- Tuxedo Black, London Fog (Memento)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; Post-It tape; Mister (TH); Tombow Markers

30 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Karen

gr karin

Annie said...

That is a fun background, Karen. It could be overpowering in a dark color so I like it stamped with the light color to enhance the focal flowers and blend. Inspiring!

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful card Karen, the background stamp is beautiful and I love the teasel image, gorgeous colours too, Kate x

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card, Karen, and I love the background...and the beautiful flower with the tops blue! It's stunning!! Hugs! xoxo

Loll said...

LOVE!! Gorgeous background and gorgeous flowers. I love the way you've put these together. Always inspired by you, my friend. xx

Pat said...

So so pretty Karen and your choice of blues are perfect with the softer tones in the background and the nice strong blue with the black for the teasels which I love, and the lilac mat goes beautifully. x

Dortesjs said...

Really beautiful card this...again ;O))))

Glennis F said...

Fabulous (as always)

Susan said...

Love the combination of grey and blue! Great use of a background stamp but still keeping it CAS!

Ellibelle said...

So beautiful! Love the color combo!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW WOW WOW this is GORGEOUS Karen, love the background and the seed heads, lovely colours.
Faith
x

Mac Mable said...

Stunning and such a glorious background x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous!

Bobby said...

That background has so much fun and movement in it, Karen. Unfortunately most of mine are grids, stripes and textures.

Nora Noll said...

Oh my goodness!! This is STUNNING!! I love the thistles and the way you did the masking. Amazing design!

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards Karen ,well done xx

Bonnie said...

A perfect combination of background and the beautiful thistle, Karen! Masking is a perfect way to use those background stamps in a smaller presentation!

Christine Alexander said...

amazing Karen, the grey and blue looks perfect together and love your silhouette image on your zen background. great layout :)

nancy littrell said...

Did you hear my out loud, Wow? I Love your softly stamped background in grey and the watercolour stamped thistle. I love how you stamped your sentiment vertically. Your masked border and pretty colored cardstock are the perfect framing too. TFS my friend. Hugs...

mary noble said...

This is a great inspiration to use background stamps more as well as a faux designer paper background - like make your own for a card - love it TFS

papierelle said...

That's gorgeous, live it!!!

Sarn said...

WOW - this really is beautiful.

Mary Dew Lee said...

Love this Karen! Perfect combination with the geometric background and organic image in the foreground!

vaiybora said...

I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

Animation

Viv said...

This is so pretty Karen, loving your blues and another fab background too.We are expecting snow on Monday brrr, hope you don't have it too, stay warm mf ;) Viv xx

Carol L said...

Gorgeous stamping on this elegant floral card! Love the blue colors!

Brawny x said...

Great card Karen x

Susanne Vargas said...

I have so many background stamps and really like this idea you show here! Have to pin this one! Thanks for the inspiration!

Pauline said...

Wow, this is so pretty! Love the background, fabulous card. Love the colours!

Aileen said...

Wow love this looks fantastic. Love the flower you used and the background both. I need to look up how to bring this comment box up, I know Viv told us, should have done at the time....