Saturday 17 February 2018

Wishes for Spring

Happy Saturday.

Just having a bit of play time with some stamps and ink.
So meet today's card.

I just love this Penny Black stamp called Effulgent You can really use it to create the look of watercolouring by just using markers and water.
So, I placed the stamp into my Misti, then using my Tombow markers I coloured directly onto the rubber, sprayed with water and pressed onto my paper.  I repeated that process adding more colour and repositioning the stamp around my card front.
After it was dry, I sponged the edges with some Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean Distress ink and splattered with water.  The water helps lift some of the ink leaving you with what looks like little raindrops. 
I stamped the sentiment from the PB set called So Very Much.
To add additional interest to the background, I used a piece of drywall tape and did some stenciling using more Peacock Feathers DI.


Have a great weekend and thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Use Your Stuff- LOVE IS ALL AROUND
Time Out- HOBBIE
(mine is gardening)
Challenge Up Your Life- SPRING FLOWERS


Supplies
Stamps- Effulgent (PB); So Very Much (PB)
Ink- Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers Distress (TH); Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; Tombow markers; drywall tape; sponge applicator (TH)

25 comments:

sandie said...

I love this arty look. You always make this look stunning amd when I try it....well a mess! Love the subtle touches you habe added. Should have guessed you liked gardening with all the gorgeous flower cards you make! Thanks for joining us at Time Out

Ellibelle said...

This is so gorgeous Karen, loving the shades of blue and black you used. Stunning background too!

Barb said...

It's beautiful Karen! Barbxx

JanR said...

Another lovely card! I really must try that drywall tape technique sometime (well, if I ever get that far with a stamped card like this...my attempts usually end up in the "circular file"). Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon again.

missgailly said...

Awesome card! Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Such a gorgeous shade of blue. I love the addition of the stenciling. Very pretty!

CherylQuilts said...

WOW! Karen, I love the blue (we both do), and the shading is amazing along with the beautiful drywall tape stenciling. It's exquisite! Stunning with the sentiment! Warm hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Pat said...

This is a very pretty PB stamp Karen, and using the direct to stamp technique with the markers has worked beautifully and love the stencillng and water spattering over the background, and added blending of the two blue inks around the edges. x

Bonnie said...

This makes me smile! Beautiful!

Christine Alexander said...

I really need and I mean need that stamp. I's stunning in blues and so perfect with the hint of stenciling.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen i really love this card and the colour,well done my friend xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You always make my heart smile when I visit and see your wonderful cards, this is so lovely.
Faith
x

nancy littrell said...

Your gorgeous Spring flower design has brightened my day, Karen. We are having wind, rain, snow, and hail. It is dark and blustery and that is after 3 weeks of Spring like weather..crazy. TFS your beauty, my friend. Hugs..

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful as all of your wonderful designs are. Gorgeous image and colors.

Shona Chambers said...

Wow Karen, the colours of this card are stunning!! I've never tried the whole 'colour the stamp with marker and spray' technique but just have too after seeing this masterpiece. It really is incredible. Always wonderful to see your designs at TIME OUT!!

Susan said...

Wonderful fresh feeling with those cool blues! Love the flowers and the faint bit of stenciling.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Karen - love the way you have used the stamps to get different 'looks' with different angles.
Blessings
Maxine

papierelle said...

So beautiful!!!
I tried the shadow technique and had a lot of fun with it.
If you want to see: https://papierelle.blogspot.de/2018/02/bevor-ich-jetzt-wieder.html
Greetings Gundi

Bobby said...

You have such a great touch with the inking around the edges, Karen, and with the stenciling.

Loll said...

Gorgeous as always, dear friend! xx

Maike of Maikreations said...

This is a stunning creation! I love the vibrant colours and the way you created the background! Awesome! Thank you for joining our current challenge at Challenge Up Your Life! Have a wonderful week and happy crafting!
Maike

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely stunning x

Anke said...

So beautiful, absolutely stunning. I love the flowers, the colours, the background, fantastic work. This makes me smile !

Hugs
Anke

Carol L said...

Simply gorgeous with that beautiful background helping to show of those flowers!

Nonni said...

So beautiful! i love the soft, artsy watercolor look of this. You simply rock this card making style better than no one! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!