I have to say, with being back to work, I have had little time to create so I am really happy to say that I now have a good start on my holiday cards.
So meet today's card.
I just love this stencil from A Colorful Life Designs. It was fun to create a simple card that is flat and easy to mail using a different technique to ink it up.
So here's what I did to create my card.
- I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and positioned the Snowflake Net stencil over my card panel. I got out my baby wipes and some Distress re-inkers.
- This baby wipe technique is a bit messy so I would suggest wearing rubber gloves but it is worth it as it gives you are really lovely effect.
- I took a wet baby wipe, folded it a few times and added a few drops of some Peacock Feathers Distress re-inker onto it. I pressed the wet baby wipe onto the stencil to transfer the ink.
- I repeated the process using the wipe again with some Salty Ocean and then some Wilted Violet Distress re-inkers. The re-inkers are highly pigmented so you don't need a lot.
- When the piece of dried, I placed it into my Misti and stamped the sentiment from Technique Tues. with some black Versafine, then clear heat embossed it.
- I thought it needed something to help pull the design together, so I doodled a border around the edges.
- I added a black gem for interest, then mounted the panel onto a heavy white card base.
Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
*Just use the code KarenFan10 to get a discount on stencils and masks.
Stamps- Holly Jolly (Technique Tues.)
Inks- Distress reinkers; Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Snowflake Net (A Colorful Life Designs); Misti (My Sweet Petunia);
black gem; baby wipes; gloves; Signo black pen; clear eb powder; heat tool