A friend of mine asked me if I could make her a pet sympathy card.
I had never made one of those before so, I decided to take up the challenge although I only have a few animal stamps in my stash.
So, here's what I did to create my card.
- I got out my stencil mat and placed a piece of white cardstock onto it. I positioned the Cloud Edger stencil over that and got out some Distress Oxide inks.
- Starting at the top of the cardstock, I rubbed on some Broken China DOX ink along the edge of the stencil, moved it down and stenciled again.
- I wiped the stencil off and next inked with some Blueprint Sketch near the middle of the panel, again, moving the cloud stencil around to get variations on the clouds.
- Finally, along the bottom, I inked in the same way with some Peacock Feathers ink.
- I removed that stencil and placed the Rays stencil over the clouds and inked again using the same colours.
- I die cut the middle of the square panel using the Rectangle Peek a Boo Window and then stamped the sentiment near the top.
- I stamped the other sentiment just under the die cut window.
- I stamped the pup with some black ink and then coloured him in. I cut him into pieces.
- To assemble the card, I glued the die cut window onto some white cardstock and then onto a 4 1/4" square card base.
- I pop dotted the larger panel over the die cut window and positioned the puppy inside using pop dots.
Here are the stencils I used:
Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Adding my card to these challenges:
Krafty Chicks- ANYTHING GOES
CRAFT Challenge- ANYTHING GOES
The Paper Shelter- ANYTHING GOES
Stamps- Puppy (IO-retired); Sympathy Sentiments (Penny Black)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- Stencil Mat (Waffle Flower); Rectangle die (MFT);
stencils (ACLD); foam tape; TE stencil brushes