Hello and Welcome
I can't believe it's the end of January already and how fast the month flew by!
Today's card features the newly released stencil called Three Circles from A Colorful Life Designs. A little masking and some inking and my card was born.
So, here's what I did to create my card.
- I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and secured the Three Circles stencil over it. I masked off an area, trying to keep with the circle shape of the stencil in the top area and inked that up with some Broken China and Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink.
- Next, I masked off the bottom corner, again trying to somewhat follow the shape of the circle and inked up with some more of the same ink colours.
- I moved the masks to the top right hand corner and inked that with some Cracked Pistachio and some Lucky Clover DOX ink and did the same to the bottom area.
- I splattered the whole panel with water to lift some of the ink and add interest.
- After that dried, I positioned the outline of the sentiment die into the center of the inked panel and die cut that out.
- I die cut the sentiment with some white cardstock and glued it over the outlined piece.
- I glued the whole thing onto some dark navy cardstock, then onto an A2 card base.
- I pop dotted the sentiment back into place, matching up the pattern.
- Finally, to finish it all off, I added 3 silver gems around the sentiment.
Here is the stencil I used:
Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
*Just use the code KarenFan10 to get a discount on stencils and masks.*
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you)
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Adding my card to these challenges:
A Place to Start- ANYTHING GOES
Get Creative Challenge- SOMETHING NEW (die and stencil)
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- die (SSS); TE Blending Brushes; stencil (ACLD); silver gems;
Make Art Station (Ranger)