Good Morning and Welcome
Meet my 10 minute card....so simple and fun to create.
I was inspired by the Technique Lovers Challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers called Faux Tearing. I haven't done this one in a long time.
This technique uses torn paper strips that give the look of layers without adding extra bulk to your card. Simple to do and so many possibilities.
So here's what I did to create my card.
- I began by tearing a few strips of scrap paper and placed one of them onto my white card stock base. By tearing a few different strips, you can vary the look of the background.
- I began at the bottom and inked with some Peacock Feathers Distress ink. I placed another strip up higher and inked with some Salty Ocean DOX ink. I repeated that process, moving up the card with some Cracked Pistachio ink. I stayed with just the 3 colours to help keep the look simple.
- When I was done inking over the torn paper strips, I placed the inked panel into my Misti and stamped the trees along the bottom and clear heat embossed them.
- I stamped the sentiment and clear heat embossed that too.
- I glued the finished panel onto a piece of black cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Adding my card to these challenges:
Get Creative- SPRINGTIME
Use Your Stuff- SPRING/EASTER
Stamps- A Big Birthday (Stamping Bella); Pine Trees (Impression Obsession)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); torn paper strips, Hero Arts clear eb powder;
TE Blending Brushes