Today's card is made using some more of the many scraps I have saved to repurpose.
It made for a colourful, happy feeling card and was simple to create.
Here's what I did to create my card.
- I pulled out my container with all my paper strips and found the ones I thought would work well together. Most of the strips were made by inking and on my Gel Plate.
- I cut a piece of white cardstock that was 4" square that would be my base.
- I folded the strips in half and then cut the flag ends on each one. I did have to cut some down in length to fit on the card base.
- Next, I glued all the pieces onto the white cardstock in a circular shape, alternating the colours as I went around. Here is what it looked like:
- When I was happy with the positioning of all the strip, I set it aside to dry.
- I cut a white cardstock circle and stamped it using the Snowflakes Texture in my Misti with lots of Distress Oxide ink colours that matched the paper strips. I glued that onto a black cardstock circle that was slightly bigger.
- I used some foam tape to stick the circle over the paper strip background.
- I die cut the sentiment from Penny Black in some orange and then some white cardstock and glued them offset.
- I glued the finished panel onto a 4 1/4" square card base.
Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.
Adding my card to these challenges:
Seize the Birthday- SIGNS OF SPRING
(Spring colours on my strips)
Crafting Happiness- ANYTHING GOES
Corrosive Challenge- ANYTHING GOES
Stamps- Snowflake Texture (Nellie's Choice)
Inks- Distress Oxides
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.); black cs (Michaels)
Accessories and Tools- paper scraps, Happy Birthday die (PB); Misti (My Sweet Petunia)