Meet today's card featuring this fun Cow Hide stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.
I wanted to try and give it a different look.
So here's what I did to create my card.
- Like I mentioned above, I wanted to give the Cow Hide stencil a more unique look, plus I didn't have a cow stamp. I cut a piece of white cardstock and placed it onto my Make Art Station.
- Next, I positioned the Marvelous Masks Rectangle also from A Colorful Life Designs into the corner. I wanted to use it for simplicity instead of having to mask.
- I laid the stencil over the mask and inked it up with some Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink.
- I moved the rectangle mask (I did end up having to do a bit of masking using low tack tape) and repeated the process, again inking with some Mustard Seed and then some Carved Pumpkin.
- When the card front panel was all inked, I added some details by stamping over the areas with the same colour as I had used to ink it up.
- I stamped the sentiment with some black ink and clear heat embossed it.
- I carefully splattered with my black Posca pen just around the sentiment.
- I glued it onto a piece of black cardstock, then onto an A2 card base.
- To finish off my card, I added 3 black gems.
Here is the stencil and mask I used:Cow Hide
Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
*Just use the code KarenFan10 to get a discount on stencils and masks.*
(affiliate with no extra cost to you)
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Through the Craft Room Door- ANYTHING GOES
Simon Says Monday- MAKE YOUR OWN BKG
Stamps- Grunge Tones (Visible Image); Scripted Bold Sentiments (Pinkfresh Studios)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencils and masks (ACLD); Make Art Station (Ranger);
TE Blending Brushes; gems (Dollar Tree), Lawn Fawn clear embossing powder
Love what you have done with the "cow hide" Karen, such a happy mix of colours. A Beautiful card.ReplyDelete
I love the patchwork of shapes in those pretty colours Karen, and the added stencilling looks great, and finished perfectly with the large black sentiment and the added gems. xReplyDelete
Wow the cow hide stencil looks brilliant, grat colours xReplyDelete
What very clever use of the stencil and masks Karen, and a gorgeous, colourful cardReplyDelete
Stunning Birthday card. Love the strong colours. Thank you for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door this month. Hope to see you back here again soon.ReplyDelete