Good Morning
Today's card was a fun one to create with this new stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called
This stencil includes 2 unique looking chairs but for today, I just used one of them.
I paired it up with 2 older released stencils to create my card.
So, here's what I did to create my card.
- I began by creating the chair first. I placed one of the Mid Century Chairs onto a piece of white cardstock and inked it up with some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink.
- Leaving the stencil in place, I put the Tiki Room stencil over the chair and inked with some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink. It gave the chair such a fun pattern and look. I removed the stencils, fussy cut it out and set aside while I worked on the background.
- I took another piece of white cardstock and placed the Dots In and Out stencil over the paper and inked with more of the Peacock Feathers DOX ink.
- Next, I took my stenciled card base and cut the sentiment shadow from it along the top edge I die cut the sentiment from some black cardstock and glued it onto the shadow die cut.
- I glued the stenciled card front onto a white A2 sized card base. When I placed the chair over the background it didn't show up well so I embossed a piece of white cardstock, cut it on the diagonal and glued that over the background before adding the chair with some foam tape.
- I added the sentiment back into place near the top of my card and then I added 2 black gems on either side of the die cut to finish off my card.
Here are the stencils I used:
MID CENTURY CHAIRSMy Discount Code for Your Entire Order from A Colorful Life Designs:
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Simon Says Mon.- USE MORE THEN ONE STENCIL
Word Power- WORDS AS FOCUS
Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- Solar White, black cardstock
Accessories and Tools- Stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Good Vibes die (SSS); Swiss Dots EB folder (Cuttlebug); black gems





Wow, very fun and creative with the stencils, it's fabulous!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining our challenge at Word Power!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Word Power Co-Owner
This certainly has a wonderful retro feel Karen and I love the mix of Peacock Feathers and Uncharted Mariner inks through the chair stencil and then adding the pretty pattern with the darker ink looks great, and the other larger pattern makes a great background, and a lovely black stamped sentiment with added black gems to finish. x
ReplyDeleteWouldn't I give anything to own a few of those gorgeous chairs? Good vibes is the perfect sentiment!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to see your gorgeous, stenciled cards again, Karen! Thanks for stopping by today so I could subscribe again - I hated it when blogger stopped delivering our posts, didn't you?
=]