Hello and Welcome
Here's another card I made as I had a request to make some gender neutral baby cards.
I like the soft shades of the beige with the green...looks very calm.
If you have never thought about dry embossing over a stenciled background, give it a try...nice results and adds a lot more interest.
So here's what I did to create my card.
- I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and positioned the Plaid stencil from The Stamp Market over my panel.
- I began by inking over the stencil with some Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink with my inking brush. I added some Rusty Hinge over that, blending the two colours together.
- The panel looked so flat to me, so to add interest, I placed the piece into the Dot Embossing Folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug. It added just the right amount of interest to my background.
- Next, I took the panel and using the Hemstitch Oval die, I cut an oval border into the center of the card and set that aside.
- I cut a smaller oval from white cardstock and then stamped this beautiful image from Stampin Up.
- with Versafine Clair ink. *If anyone can help with the name of this set, that would be great. I bought it at a garage sale* edited...thanks to someone on FB called Mother and Child
- I pop dotted that image oval right into that die-cut border area.
- I stamped the sentiment from the Baby Sentiments 1 from Paper Rose with more Versafine Clair ink. I stamped the little banner around it using my Misti and then fussy cut it out. I pop dotted that just over the bottom of the image.
- Finally, I glued the panel onto some white cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Cardz 4 Galz- MOTHER'S DAY or THAT SPECIAL LADY
Cute Card Thurs.- FEMININE
Stamps- Stampin Up; Baby Sentiments 1 (Paper Rose)
Inks- Versafine Clair Noir; Distress Oxides (listed above)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ontario)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (The Stamp Market); Blender Brushes (TE);
Hemstitch Oval die (Spellbinders); Dots EB Folder (Provo); pop dots; Misti (My Sweet Petunia)