Meet today's card featuring this fun Cow Hide stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.
I wanted to try and give it a different look.
So here's what I did to create my card.
- Like I mentioned above, I wanted to give the Cow Hide stencil a more unique look, plus I didn't have a cow stamp. I cut a piece of white cardstock and placed it onto my Make Art Station.
- Next, I positioned the Marvelous Masks Rectangle also from A Colorful Life Designs into the corner. I wanted to use it for simplicity instead of having to mask.
- I laid the stencil over the mask and inked it up with some Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink.
- I moved the rectangle mask (I did end up having to do a bit of masking using low tack tape) and repeated the process, again inking with some Mustard Seed and then some Carved Pumpkin.
- When the card front panel was all inked, I added some details by stamping over the areas with the same colour as I had used to ink it up.
- I stamped the sentiment with some black ink and clear heat embossed it.
- I carefully splattered with my black Posca pen just around the sentiment.
- I glued it onto a piece of black cardstock, then onto an A2 card base.
- To finish off my card, I added 3 black gems.
Here is the stencil and mask I used:Cow Hide
Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
*Just use the code KarenFan10 to get a discount on stencils and masks.*
(affiliate with no extra cost to you)
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Through the Craft Room Door- ANYTHING GOES
Simon Says Monday- MAKE YOUR OWN BKG
Stamps- Grunge Tones (Visible Image); Scripted Bold Sentiments (Pinkfresh Studios)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencils and masks (ACLD); Make Art Station (Ranger);
TE Blending Brushes; gems (Dollar Tree), Lawn Fawn clear embossing powder