Why is the summer going by so quickly!!!??
I have had some time off and stepped away from social media, but I'm back now and ready to play.
So meet today's card.
I used this fun Geo Framework stencil from A Colorful Life Designs to create my card.
Lots of geometric shapes.
So here's what I did to create my card.
- I cut a piece of white cardstock and laid it onto my Make Art Station and positioned the Geo Framework stencil over that.
- I inked it up in a random way with some Distress Oxide inks...Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers and Blueprint Sketch, moving the stencil around and inking until the whole panel was covered.
- Next, I die cut the 'Sending Smiles' sentiment from the center of the stenciled panel.
- I cut the word shadow from some white cardstock next and glued them together.
- I splattered using my black Posca pen, then glued it onto a piece of white cardstock, then onto an A2 size card base.
- I popped the sentiment over the card panel.
Here is the stencil I used:
Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
*Just use the code KarenFan10 to get a discount on stencils and masks.*
(affiliate with no extra cost to you)
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Adding my card to these challenges:
The Corrosive Challenge- ANYTHING GOES
Paper Minutes- DIE CUT
Cardz 4 Guys- STENCIL
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook-Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Geo Framework stencil- ACLD; Sending Smiles die (SSS);
black Posca pen; Make Art Station (Ranger)
Cool stencil used and beautiful colors!ReplyDelete
A beautiful card Karen, I love the different shapes and colours, great design, Kate 💖ReplyDelete
I love the geometrics in those pretty colours Karen and the words cut from the piece and a white shadow place behind the words really makes them stand out..love the splatters in the background too. xReplyDelete
Great use of the stencil Karen to create a fabulous background for your card.ReplyDelete
What a fun stencil...this is a new one to me but I love it!! Great color combo for a "sure to bring a smile" card!! Thanks for playing along with our "stencil" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!ReplyDelete
Fun use of the stencil and colors. Liking the die cute sentiments. So glad you shared over at Cardz 4 Guyz.ReplyDelete
Great card, those colors go so well together and that is such a neat way to use the sentiment die. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guys!ReplyDelete