Pages

Thursday, 30 July 2026

Cat Sympathy

Welcome
Losing a beloved pet can really be a tough thing to deal with, so I've been creating some 'pet' sympathy cards this month using the new for July stencils from A Colorful Life Designs. 
This one is called:
I paired it up with an older release called FUR

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed the Paw Heart stencil over a piece of white cardstock and inked it up with some Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide ink.
  • Leaving the stencil in place, I put the Fur stencil over it and inked with some Black Soot DOX ink.  
  • Next, I fussy cut out around the heart and added some dots using a black Posca pen.
  • While that dried, I stamped the sentiment with some Versamark ink and white heat embossed it on black cardstock.
  • I glued a piece of grid paper onto black cardstock, then white, then another piece of black and then onto a 4 1/4" square white card base.
  • I glued the paw over the grid paper and then I used some foam tape to add the sentiment into the corner to finish off my card.

Here are the stencils I used:


My Discount Code for Your Entire Order from A Colorful Life Designs:

Many thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- ONE THING
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamp- Sympathy Sentiments(Penny Black)
Inks- Versamark; DOX
Paper- Solar white; grid patterned; black
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
white EB powder; white Posca pen; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic card, Karen! Perfect to comfort someone who has lost a furry friend. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog today, your comments are greatly appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.