Pages

Sunday, 30 August 2026

Christmas Peace

Hello and Welcome
This month it is my turn to host the TLC (Technique Lovers Challenge) at Splitcoast Stampers.
The technique we will be doing this week is called:
It's a fun and easy technique to play around with and I have been wanting to start making some cards for the holidays.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by getting out my long acrylic stamping block and I wrapped some different width elastic bands around it in a grid pattern.
  • I pressed the bands wrapped around the block onto my Speckled Eggs Distress Oxide ink pad and stamped over my white cardstock in a few different areas.
  • I wiped off the elastics and repeated that process using some Salty Ocean and some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink until I was happy with the pattern covering my cardstock.
  • I diluted some of the ink mentioned above with water and splattered my whole card front using a paint brush, then set aside to dry.
  • Next, I created my snowflake.  I took a piece of acetate and pressed the DOX inks onto it, sprayed with water and dragged another piece of white cardstock through the wet ink and set that aside to dry.  
  • I splattered the inky cardstock with my white Posca pen and then used that to die cut the snowflakes.  I also used a piece of silver shimmer paper to cut the stars for the centers of the snowflakes.
  • I glued my elastic stamped card front onto a piece of blue cardstock and then onto an A2 white card base.
  • I glued one snowflake at the top and one along the bottom and then I used some foam tape to pop up the stars in the center of the snowflakes.
  • I die cut the sentiment and added it to the center of my card front.

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Simon Says Mon.- LOTS OF LAYERS
Girlz Creative- CHRISTMAS

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Papers- Solar white; scrap of silver shimmer
Accessories and Tools- rubber bands; long acrylic block; Funky Snowflake die (SSS);
foam tape; Peace die (Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for looking at my blog today, your comments are greatly appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.