As summer approaches, we are thinking of the being at the water and going to the beach.
This new stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called Surf's Up was fun to play with.
So here's what I did to create my card.
- I cut a piece of white cardstock and placed the Surf's Up stencil over it on my Waffle Flower Stencil mat.
- I masked off along the waterline with some low tack tape and inked up the sun with some Mustard Seed and a hint of Carved Pumpkin DOX ink.
- I moved the tape that was masking off the water up over the area I just inked and blended some Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and some Blueprint Sketch DOX ink onto the waves.
- I splattered with some water to lift the ink and give a bit more interest to the waves.
- I placed the panel into my Misti to stamp the sentiment over to the side.
- I decided to cut the finished stenciled panel along the waterline. I glued the top sunshine part onto a piece of white cardstock, then added foam tape to the waves section so it would be popped up giving the card much more interest.
- Finally, I glued it onto an A2 size card base.
Here is the stencil I used:Surf's Up
Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
*Just use the code KarenFan10 to get a discount on stencils and masks.
(affiliate with no extra cost to you)
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- Bright and Cheerful
Corrosive Challenge- ANYTHING GOES
Stamps- Winds of Change (Impression Obsession- not sure if this is still available)
Inks- Distress Oxides; Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tool- stencil (ACLD); Stencil Mat (Waffle Flower); TE Blending Brushes;
Low Tack tape; Misti (My Sweet Petunia)
What a striking stencil, eye catching card, great colour blending and a striking card Karen x.ReplyDelete
Lovely card - wonderful sentiment!ReplyDelete
Love this bright and sunny card, Karen! Another fabulous sentiment!ReplyDelete
Beautiful bold bright card Karen, love the sunburst and the blue sky, Kate xReplyDelete
What a fabulous scene Karen and more wonderful bright yellow and blue tones. A really beautiful stencil and some great words too. xReplyDelete
Es un trabajo precioso!!ReplyDelete
Gracias por unirte a The Corrosive Challenge (DT)