Thursday 30 August 2012

In the Summertime


Here is a card I made earlier this week for a few challenges.  The challenge at  CAS-ual Fridays ( banners and flags) and the Movement challenge at Moxie Fab
I started by stamping then embossing the Hillflowers from Penny Black.  I cut it out using a Spellbinders die then rubbed on Distress inks to add the feeling of a sunset.  I dropped water onto the main panel as well to leave a watermark effect.  Added the sentiment from Penny Black and the paper banners.
Thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps:  Penny Black:Hillflowers, Great Day/Distress inks/ pop dots/ twine


CFC67

8 comments:

shirley-bee said...

Great card! I love the sunset glow, with the silhouette stamp in the foreground.

Anne said...

The bright colors are so cheery! I like the paper ribbon/flags and bakers twine...such nice accents.

Anonymous said...

Holly Molly! Karen, this is spectacular! I just can't stop staring at it to get each and every detail!
So glad you're playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :D

Sharon said...

Just stunning Karen! Love the sunset colours!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Oh my goodness - this is absolutely enchanting!! The colors behind the silhouette just take my breath away! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we are so glad you did!

Lisa A. said...

Karen, this is beautiful!! LOVE your coloring and your banners are a perfect accent!! Simply lovely:)! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

C said...

Wow, Karen those water droplets add so much interest & texture to this beauty.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to the Focal Point Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)