Friday 24 August 2012

OLW102, Colourful Retro



So sorry for such a long blogging break.  I have been off this week and just can't seem to find my 'mojo'.  It does feel great to be back creating again and playing with my inks and stamps. 
Today's card was created for the OLW102 challenge Arydth is hosting this week which is to create a card based on a subject you loved at school and for the challenge at Splitcoast...show us your colours and also the challenge at Moxie Fab; Movement.  As a child, I loved art class and painting.  I still remember the thrill of starting Kindergarten and painting for the first time!!  When I was older, we made tye dyed shirts one year and hence, my card.
I masked the edges so they would remain white and sponged Distress inks onto a mask from the Crafter's Workshop.  I added some additions paint drops from stamps sitting on my desk.
Hope you have a great wknd and thanks so much for stopping by.

Supplies:  stamps; Studio G, various/ mask/ Distress inks/ twine

10 comments:

Heather T said...

Art class was one of my favourites too along with Fashion and Design. I love your bright tie dye sunburst.

Susie said...

Awesome card.

shirley-bee said...

Love this bright card! It reminds me of the paint spinner.

Tracey said...

Wow! This is amazing Karen!!

Barb King said...

I love the vibrant colors and the movement!

Deanna said...

I really love this card ~great colors and composition!

Marlena M. said...

I love this~so creative!!!

Carol said...

Fabulous card...love the tie dye look! My fav class also was art.

Ardyth said...

Love, love, love! Great colours and placement - fantastic tie dye! Thanks for playing along with my first OLW challenge - glad yours went smoothly this week!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to the Movement Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)