Wednesday 23 April 2014

Today


I was excited to see the Clean and Simple Colour Challenge at Splitcoast and the Hip on Handwriting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World The colours looked gorgeous together and this card made me smile!  The font on this stamp is wonderful.
Here's how I made my card.  I inked the inside of an embossing folder from Darice with Distress ink.
(colours- Peeled Paint, Shaded Liliac, Dusty Concord, Picked Raspberry)
I masked the edges of my cardstock to give me a border of white, then I then sprayed my embossing folder with water and pressed my paper directly onto the ink.  I added the sentiment from Penny Black called ...this Day then mounted my panel onto the blue cardstock and pop dotted that onto the front of my card.

Also adding my card to these challenges:

Less is More- THEME, SMILE





Curtain Call- Confetti Crush




Cards and More- NO FLOWERS



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.  

Supplies:  stamp- Penny Black 2673H ...this day/ Darice embossing folder/ Distress ink/ mini mister/ pop dots






22 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I just LOVE this card! The technique you've used is fabulous, and I love the distress ink colors you've chosen! And the beautiful blue matting is wonderful, sweet friend! And the sentiment is a great one, my friend! Hugs!

OH Babs said...

Karen so your cards are always so inspiring to me. I appreciate how you explain methods and techniques which I use and share in a class I teach to seniors. Thank you.

Cheryl First said...

Gorgeous! The colors are perfect! Thanks for the great tip; using embossing folders for stamping!

Dotty Jo said...

Oh just look at your colouring of the stencil - fabulous! Made me smile... and wish that I could create cards like yours! Jo x

Chrissie said...

I just love that background... it really made me smile!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! Love that colour combo. I keep forgetting to try that technique - your results are fabulous.

Toni said...

Really like how this turned out!

lililindsay said...

What a beautifully constructed card.

Davi said...

So beautiful Karen!! I love the soft watery colors in the square shapes!!

Anne said...

Super technique, this looks great!
Thank you for joining us at Less is More.
Anne
LIM Designer

Linda J said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing this technique, I am going to try it today:)

Viv said...

Such a gorgeous card again Karen, I know I keep saying it but it's true! love how you inked the e/f to make your card. I haven't tried using distress inks for that as yet so thanks for sharing.I sooo love distress inks now :) Viv xx

dnisme@blogspot.com said...

I always love your cards. You've outdone yourself! What a great idea!

Kay Miller said...

What a beautiful card! The watercoloring effect is brilliant!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a gorgeous card! And I loved hearing how you made it!

thassos456 said...

Beautiful card and I love the technique with the embossing folder :)

Sandra (Sunny) said...

Karen, I really love your card! For me as a german, it's always great to see a qoute by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe on a non-german stamping card :)

~amy~ said...

That embossing folder technique is wonderful...love the look!
Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call - Confetti Crush!

dnisme@blogspot.com said...

I love the vibrant colours and the bold sentiment. Beautiful! I featured your card on my blog with my humble attempt at the technique. Back to the drawing board for me! http://dnisme.blogspot.ca/2014/04/forever-friends-are-best.html

Bobby said...

I'm in love. The background is so beautiful and the sentiment - perfection. I'm going backwards through your blog and am so inspired. I will be following you from now on.

Bastelmami-Sandra said...

Thank you so much for joining us at Cards und More Challenge.
Your card is perfectly for us.
Hugs Sandra GD

Doris P. said...

WOW! Its great! Wonderful colours! Thanks for joining us at CuM!
Hugs Doris