Thursday 16 March 2017

Coming to Life- CAS Watercolour Challenge


 Time for another card for the 

http://caswatercolour.blogspot.ca/

Spring is almost here although the weather where I live still feels like winter.

Today, I am playing with this wonderful new stamp from Penny Black called Awaken.  If you enjoy colouring or watercolouring you will love this image.
I began by stamping the image using Versamark ink then white heat embossed on watercolour paper.
Using my Zig makers, I coloured in areas of my flowers then used a wet paintbrush to watercolour them in.  When it was dry, I cut it out along the outside edge.
Next, I placed the Penny Black sentiment from the Happy Wishes set, inked it with black Archival ink and stamped.
I pop dotted my card front over a piece of dark green cardstock to help the cut edge flowers show up.
Added 3 pearls to finish my card off.


Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says Wed.- BIT O' GREEN

Stampin Royalty- SPRING

The Crafty Addicts- ANYTHING GOES/ CAS

Word Art Wednesday- ANYTHING GOES


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- PB/ ink- Archival/ Zig markers/ paintbrush/ white eb powder/ heat tool/ pearls

27 comments:

Diana said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the colors!

x
Diana's Creations

Glennis F said...

love the brilliant colours

Ellibelle said...

Amazing card Karen, love your coloring and white embossing! Need to put this stamp on my wish list!

nancy littrell said...

Karen, I love your over the edge cut out of your beautifully watercoloured flowers and how you added the green CS edge. Really maded your flowers pop. TFS my friend. Hugs..

Dandi93 said...

Gorgeous card Karen, your colors are so vibrant.... it makes me smile....

Bonnie said...

I LOVE these colors, Karen! And this layout is amazing with the petals off the edge! The darker background makes them even prettier!

Loll said...

Your flowers are so bright and beautiful, Karen! And I love the way you've fussy-cut around the image to create an "outside the box" edge. The deep green in-behind really shows off the flowers. xx

papierelle said...

Beautiful flowers, the colors shine very well.

Aileen said...

Wow Karen, what a stunner, love that orange flower. Absolutely eye catching.

Julia Aston said...

Your coloring is gorgeous with the white embossed stamping Karen! Julia xx

Pat said...

These flowers are really bright and beautiful and wonderfully coloured too Karen and the white embossing suits them perfectly and love the dark green strip down the side. x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous in every way. I love the white embossing and those beautiful colors you did the flowers in.

Dmorgan said...

Karen, this is lovely. Did you use watercolor paper? I'd love to know your paper use recommendations for the variety of coloring styles you use. Would you share those with us?

Susan said...

Love your vibrant colours, Karen - so happy and sunny! And the fussy cut edge adds great extra interest.

Mac Mable said...

Vibrant, fun and eye catching colours. Love the stamp and how you've coloured it x

Lisa Lara said...

WOW, I feel like I say that with everyone of your beauties Karen. Just love your colors and the white embossing.

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty, love the colours and I am so ready for spring especially after seeing these flowers.

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful card! Love the intensity of your watercoloring Karen!

Gwendolyn said...

Love the colours on your wonderful watercolour flowers!

Regina said...

Hi Karen, just stopped by to thank you for your kind comment at my blog!
Your card is just beautiful and absolutely perfect! Your colouring looks great!!
Regina*

Gio said...

Such a beautiful card, Karen! Gorgeous coloration as well.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wow! Those are some bright flowers!

Anke said...

Fantastic card, Karen. Your colouring is perfect.

Hugs
NAke

MaryH said...

OOooh! This is just pure beauty. I saw it on FB, but didn't realize it was _your_ card. Lovely image with marvelous watercoloring. Interesting to read the technique you used to get this look, (oh that I could w/c so well!) and I like the out-of-frame look that you've done with the flower. PB would be so proud that you have made the flowers look so beautiful. TFS

jenn shurkus said...

gorgeous colors!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says wednesday challenge!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

FABULOUS, love the white stamping which shows off the vibrant colour of the flowers.
Faith
x

wannabcre8tive said...

I am loving this beautiful card. Fabulous water coloring and pretty colors. I water colored to cards yesterday for the SCS challenge. I did not upload either. I think I just need to stick to admiring yours. :) Thanks, for sharing.