Saturday 11 August 2012

From the Garden


Whew!!  What a week it has been.  My computer died and being without it was hard.  I am back up and running although many of my files are gone and photos need re-organizing.  Guess it's a good thing I am off work for the next 2 wks.  Anyways, here is my card for today.  I am playing along with a challenge at Splitcoast and a challenge at CAS-ology
My garden is filled with ferns...such a lovely plant.  I wanted to incorporate that into my card and did so by using the fern as a mask and spraying it with Mr. Huey mist.  I added some splatters for interest and the sentiment from Rubberneckers.  The piece was then mounted on a scored card front. 
Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look.
Have a great wknd. 

Supplies:  stamps; Rubbernecker/ Mr. Huey mist/ scoring tool/ twine

12 comments:

Loll said...

So gorgeous. Love the bright green and white color combo - so fresh. Fabulous technique ... and great idea to use something from your garden as a mask!

Ardyth said...

Oh, wow! What fantastic texture - I echo Loll - so fresh! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

What an interesting background. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Melissa said...

Ooolala! Love all that green! The look you achieved on this is fabulous!!! Love the simple addition of the twine too! Thanks for joining us at CASology! :)

shirley-bee said...

What a great idea, Karen, it looks fabulous!

Rosemary said...

brilliant idea to use an actual fern, karen! your card is just stunning... so glad you are playing along with CASology!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome effect! i will so be trying this!

Susan said...

Love the watercolor look to this...very pretty! I never would have thought to use the real fern as a mask...cool!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Artistically abstract and beautiful!

Heather T said...

Gorgeous, Karen. I remember doing that years ago but haven't thought of that technique in ages. I love how fresh it looks

Emily Leiphart said...

Stunning technique, Karen! I need to try this. Enjoy your vacation!!

Barb King said...

I like your style, I'm following you now, maybe you could follow me.