Friday 3 August 2012

OLW99 - Sympathy Roses


Here is today's card and I am excited to share some big news.  My friend Susan at Simplicity has asked me to come on board as a new member along with the ubber-talented Ardyth Percy-Robb as well.  We will be part of a very talented team.  If you are unfamiliar with the OLW challenges,  they are to create a one layer card with a new twist every week.  My first challenge will be coming up on August 22...so fun.
So for today's card;  I am playing along with this week's OLW challenge...to find inspiration from Susan's Pinterest board of Pure Inspirations.  There is a card posted there that totally inspired me.  I am also adding my card to a few challenges at Splitcoast as well.
I created this one by masking the oval, stamping with an old SU set I have not used in ages and coloured with Copics.  I sponged on Distress inks and added the water droplets and the sentiment from Paper Smooches. 
Thanks so much for stopping by....the long weekend is almost here!!

Supplies:  stamps; SU, Paper Smooches/ Distress inks/ Copics/ pearls/ twine

12 comments:

Ardyth said...

I love this! Wow! The sponging, the water droplets (look like tears - you must be really sorry! lol!) Gorgeous colours and yet still beautifully cas!

Ellen Taylor said...

Gorgeous sympathy card! Wow!

Anne said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You are a fabulous addition to the talented team at Simplicity. :) I always look forward to you postings, you never disappoint. HUGS!

Kara Lynne said...

Congrats, Karen! Your card is gorgeous!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome creation! Like Anne said, you never disappoint! :)

Carole said...

Your card is very thought and lovely. Congratulations

JanR said...

Lovely card! Congrats on joining OLW.

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Deanna said...

Congrats! Love the bold colors and design~Gorgeous!

Susan said...

Super card, Karen! Love how the sentiment slips outside the oval.

Lyndal said...

FAB news Karen - I'm sure you'll rock OLW!!!!

Susan Raihala said...

Karen, what a pretty card! The coloring is perfect, and I love how the backgound blotched a bit. Adds depth and makes me think of tears...so appropriate for the sentiment!