Tuesday 19 November 2013

Celebrate With Friends


Friends.....what would we do without them?  The holidays are such a wonderful time to remind our friends how much they mean to us and being able to celebrate with them is an extra bonus. Little Mimi and her polar bear friend are so cute together. 
Here is a card I made using stamps from Penny Black for the holidays.  I am playing along with the Colour Challenge at Splitcoast today.  I started making my card by masking off an oval and rubbing Distress inks over a snowflake mask.  When dry, I removed the masked area and stamped the sentiment then added a doodled line.  I stamped Mimi, coloured her and her friend with Copic markers then after cutting them out, pop dotted them on my card front for interest.  I added a sparkle pom-pom to her hat for extra cuteness.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps; Penny Black- Mimi Polar, Let it Snow/ Copics/ Distress ink/ mask Simon Says/ pom pom/ pop dots

                    

7 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

So sweet! Love how you used the stencil with the masked oval!

Kay Miller said...

What an absolutely darling card! Love the design and the adorable image!!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Wonderful idea to use the stencil in a circle and a very sweet stamp, beautiful card.
Admiring hugs Anja

Gabby said...

Darling card! Sweet image that looks "cuddly." Like your stenciling. :)

canadian_liner said...

Wow, you are doing beautiful things with that snowflake mask! This card is adorable and the previous blue/bird one is so pretty. THanks for your kind comment on my blog post for DD ;)

Joni Andaya said...

Aww...so adorable Karen! The bear is just so cute :) and I want to say thank you for leaving me some sweet note on my blog.

Katherine said...

I feel all warm and cheerful looking at this sweet card!!! Love this.