Monday 25 November 2013

Non-Traditional Christmas


No red....no green....no gold.  Just blues with a hint of purple on this icy feeling card I made to show you today.  It was a simple layout that I cased from the challenge at Splitcoast.  I created the main panel by pressing my Distress ink pads onto my non-stick craft sheet, spraying with water then running my paper through it to pick up the colours and help them blend together.  I added the popped up sentiment and the snowflakes for a non-traditional looking card.
I am linking this card up with the CAS on Sunday challenge (winter theme).
Hope you are making progress with your Christmas cards and thanks for taking a peek.

Supplies:  stamps; Paper Smooches/ snowflake die-SSS/ Distress ink/ SU punch/ Scorbug

8 comments:

Lin said...

I am loving your snowflake cards, Karen! Beautiful mix of colors on this one!

Michelle Quinno said...

This is so pretty! Love the blues.

Gabby said...

Nice inking, creative design, and oh-so-lovely, Karen! :)

Kim M said...

Wonderful card! Love that distress ink panel. :-)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oohhh this is gorgeous!!! LOVE the background you made!

Sybrina K said...

Karen, This is so pretty! I, too, love the Distress Ink background. Thanks so much for the comment you left on Scrapping with Purpose. This was my first time visiting Curtain Call, and your feedback meant a lot.

Nancy said...

A beautiful card you have here Karen. Love the colors! Thanks for linking it up with us over at CAS on Sunday!

Anneke said...

Lovely icy colors! Thanks for taking part in the CAS on Sunday challenge!