Thursday 21 November 2013

Snowflake Resist


Red and white have such an visual impact together.  Today at Splitcoast, the challenge is to choose a resist technique to use on our card.  My card features a basic resist by first stamping my snowflakes using Versamark and embossing with white.  I then rubbed Distress inks in various shades of red onto my piece.  Then using a dry cloth, I rubbed over the piece to remove excess ink and reveal the snowflakes underneath.  Finally, I speckled some white acrylic paint over the top and mounted my piece onto an embossed bkg.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a peek.  

Supplies:  stamps; Old Island Stamp/ Distress inks/ eb folder/ bl Memento/ embossing powder/ acrylic paint

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! That red really makes your snowflakes stand out!

OH Babs said...

Thank you for sharing this technique. I honestly love your cards and style - you are my muse.

Gabby said...

Pretty resist card, Karen! Like the simple design and the red bkgrd that "shows off" your snowflakes and flecks. :)

Cards By Jan said...

Awesome idea, I haven't done something like this in ages, works so pretty, just like yours!!