Sunday 18 December 2016

Country Christmas Wishes


 Morning.
 Meet today's card.
 I really like 'scene' Christmas cards that remind us all of being home for the holiday.  I also love this stamp that I have owned for many years by Serendipity and I like to try and use it on a card every year.

I began by stamping the image with Memento black ink.  I coloured the image using Copic markers then cut it down so it would fit inside the scored border area.  I added some red paper to the back of the image and the card front border to help make it all pop.
The sentiment is a old one from Stampin Up.



 Adding my card to these challenges:


Alphabet Challenge- "U" USE SOMETHING RED

CRAFT Challenge- CHRISTMAS

Craftaholics R Us- GUY CARDS WITH CHRISTMAS THEME

Creative Knockouts- WINTER WONDERLAND


Thanks so much for taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Serendipity, SU/ ink- Memento/ Copic markers/ ScorPal/ pop dots


18 comments:

Bonnie said...

This reminds me of the scenery when I was growing up too! Gorgeous coloring and the white frame with a narrow border of red fits it perfectly!

Susan said...

The minute I saw this I thought of the Ontario countryside in winter! Lovely memories from my childhood. And a perfect classic Christmas card!

OH Babs said...

A lovely old-fashion Christmas card. I understand why you would keep this classic stamp.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so beautiful and makes a wonderful Christmas scene card. I can understand why it is an old favorite. I think it is awesome too!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Beautiful stamp and colored so nicely! Lovely Christmas card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO lovely, and very sentimental.
Faith
x

Loll said...

Lovely winter scene. Reminds me of being in the country. Beautifully coloured and framed as always. xx

Barb said...

A really beautiful Christmas card. It looks so peaceful. Barbxx

Carolyn L said...

Casting another vote for childhood memories, Cape Cod home and all! Great job coloring and framing the card, as usual. If you ever want to sell the stamp, call me first.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This made me think of good old fashioned winters in Wisconsin.

Ina G said...

Gorgeous stamp and such a traditional and beautiful Christmas card Karen.

nancy littrell said...

Beautifully colored country home image and framing, Karen. TFS Hugs, Nancy

Karren said...

Beautiful card and beautifully framed! It creates such a warm feeling looking at it.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craftaholics R Us, good luck!!! Amy DT

Craftychris said...

What a gorgeous image! Beautiful card! xxx

CherylQuilts said...

Karen, this is beautiful, and it looks like a real photo! Amazing! Hugs! xoxo

The Sparkly Fairy said...

I love this traditional card and what a great stamp. Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Emma - DT

Helen Gullett said...

karen, this is gorgeous! Simply gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with ATSM Challenge 224 - CAS