Sunday 4 December 2016

The Flower Challenge- Older Stamp, Die or Stencil

 Morning.
Are you ready for another fun challenge? 
Get ready to pull out some older stamps, dies or stencils and create a card.  You know you have lots of older things in your stash that need some love, right?

http://theflowerchallenge.blogspot.ca/

I decided to use the flowers from an older set by Unity Stamps.  
I placed the stamp inside my MISTI, inked with Peeled Paint Distress ink and stamped onto my paper.  To darken some of the flowers, I re-inked and stamped again while I left others as a single stamping to give a lighter shade of the colour.
Using the Text Stamp from Penny Black, I inked it up with Versamark, stamped and white heat embossed randomly across my card front.  
Next, I watercolored the background using some Mowed Lawn Distress ink that was diluted with water.  I also stenciled a bit with the same ink to add some more interest with the piece of drywall tape that always seems to be sitting on my work space.
Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from Impression Obsession using black Memento ink.



Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

The Pencil Case- ANYTHING GOES

Brown Sugar- ANYTHING GOES

Crafting With Friends- ANYTHING GOES



So get out some of those older stamps, stencils or dies and come play along with us!

Thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Impression Obsession, Unity, PB/ ink- Versamark, Memento, Distress/ wh Eb powder/ heat tool/ MISTI/ paint brush/ drywall tape

22 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the shades of green and that sentiment is just lovely. xx

Ruth said...

Oh it's beautiful - what a clever idea to leave some in lighter ink, but the bit I love best is the script on top heat embossed. Very arty! Love it! Ruth xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great card design and wonderful colors.

Carol Cel said...

this is really very pretty - soft, soothing - Nice!

Susan said...

Wonderful use of one of your older stamps!! I have so many older flower stamps, it will be hard to choose one for the challenge. Love the shades of green and the layered colouring of the flowers.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Karen:I love the fantastic color wash you achieve on this card, the stamped images are beautiful in those shades of green, using both colors gives them depth and dimension. I have a hard time doing water color washes, as much as I love this medium, I always end up with a muddy mess.
Big Hugs,
Maria.

Viv said...

It's a glorious card Karen, fab stamping and that watercolour background is just awesome. Loving the green too, not a colour I use much.....I must use it more ;) hugs Viv xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Wonderful sentiment shown off with fabulous stamping.
Faith
x

marilyn said...

Beautiful card....love the Unity stamps & so glad I have them!

nancy littrell said...

Loving your Mixed Media design with your older flower stamp, signature stamp and dry wall tape. So much texture, dimension and interest. Love your sentiment too..so perfect with your design. TFS Karen. Hugs, Nancy

Aileen said...

I knew you would do a beautiful card Karen, such a wonderful colour too. I am loving this green.

Nstiz said...

My gosh, Karen, this is GORGEOUS! Love the stamp you chose and the innovative way you used it. The different tones look fabulous and thanks for always describing exactly how you did it.

Bonnie said...

You have the best sentiments for meaningful cards, Karen! Love the embossed resist and those sweet flowers!

Bobby said...

You put so many elements/techniques into this one card and made it look so effortless, Karen. It's beautiful.

Loll said...

Always good to put old stamps to work. This is so beautiful Karen. Love the mix of greens with white accents. xx

Karren said...

I just love the look of the text and your green monochromatic card is just gorgeous, Karen.

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty, the monochromatic colours with the pop of white looks amazing.

Teresa Kline said...

stunning background! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Unknown said...

Beautiful background and great stamping Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case Challenge. Helen DT

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wow! I love it. What a happy color.

Camilla said...

oh, how lovely card. Love card background. Absolutely gorgeous!
Thank you so much for entering your lovely card into our challenge in Brown Sugar Challenge
Hugs, Camilla (DT member)

Unknown said...

UFC 207

UFC 207 live

UFC 207

UFC 207 live

UFC 207 live

UFC 207 live Streaming

UFC 207 live Free Stream

Watch UFC 207

Watch UFC 207 live

UFC 207 Fight Card

Ronda Rousey vs Amanda Nunes live

Nunes vs Rousey live

Rousey vs Nunes live Streaming

UFC 207: Nunes vs Rousey live