Thursday 16 February 2017

Happy Hug Day- CAS Watercolour Challenge


I can't believe we are already half-way through the month and it's time for another card for the 

This month our theme is:




I began creating my card by drawing a heart shape on scrap paper and cut it out to use as a mask.
I place my card front in my MISTI then put the mask in place.  
I coloured the Bejeweled stamp from Penny Black with my Memento markers, sprayed with water and stamped.  I repeated that process until I was happy with the inking of the flower.
I sponged the background with Salty Ocean Distress ink and stenciled over that with some drywall tape.  I also stamped the Script from PB faintly in the background to add more depth and interest.
The sentiment is from a new PB set called Forever and Always.  
To help define the sponged area, I pierced around the heart which really helped finish it all off.



Simon Says- FANTASTIC FLORALS

Little Red Wagon- SEASON OF LOVE

Addicted To Stamps and More- CLEAN AND SIMPLE

Paperminutes- CLEAN AND SIMPLE



Thanks so very much for coming to take a look.
Please come and play along with our challenge...we would love to see you!

Supplies:  stamps- PB/ ink- Distress, Memento/ MISTI/ drywall tape, piercing tool/ sponge applicator/ Memento markers/ clear gems

22 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE this design, Karen. Watercolour, sponging, stamping and stenciling inside the heart ... so many wonderful techniques that create one gorgeous design. The piercing is just the icing on the cake! LOVE this card! xx

Marina said...

Skilfully made and gorgeous.

Mac Mable said...

Great technique with no bleeding. Gorgeous colours (as always xx). So very pretty and just love it! x

nancy littrell said...

TFS your details of how you made your very creative and beautiful heart, Karen. I agree, your piercing around your heart really finished off your heart. Hugs...

Craftychris said...

This is such a beauty! I love it! I really want the Bejeweled stamp, it's on my wish list! I adore it! xxx

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card Karen, I love your watercolour flowers and that fabulous sentiment!

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous card and design Karen, I love that heart!
Hugs, Tammy

Bonnie said...

I love all that added interest behind the flowers and how you've stamped in the shape of the heart! Love that punching to define it too! An awesome card, my friend!

Pat said...

I adore the masking to create your heart, and then the pretty PB flower stamped and the detail in the background with the script and dry wall tape stencilling is delightful. The piercing is perfectly spaced and a fabulous idea as a finishing touch, also that great sentiment. x

Hannelie said...

Wow... Wow... Wow... this is a stunner. Love it Karen!

papierelle said...

It's a simple idea with a great result!! Love this heart creation.

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, another beauty!! Love your creativity and use of whatever you have! xoxo

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS, love the colours and the piercing, so perfect too.
Faith
x

Ina G said...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeutiful Karen. Love the finished touch with the paper piercing. Perfect!

Nstiz said...

This is fantastic, Karen! Every time I see your beautiful work I want to run to the craft room and try it. Love this idea and love the layers of color and texture you always use!

Michelle Lupton said...

Love this - the paper piercing really sets it off beautifully!

Harriet Skelly said...

This is one of my favorite techniques to do Karen - love your beautifully watercolored flowers in the heart!

Heather said...

Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week.

Anke said...

So beautiful ...

Hugs
Anke

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

So elegant and beautiful! Thank you for sharing your card at ATSM!

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card! Such a stunning design! SO pretty!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Ceal said...

So pretty, Karen! thanks for joining us at ATSM!